Question

Student
barkbean
Message 1 of 3 (1,650 Views)

Brand new Compaq Presario Laptop mouse pointer sticks and freezes

I just bought a new compaq laptop a week ago and since day one the mouse pointer sticks and freezes.  Sometimes after a minute it begins moving again, sometimes i have to close out all my programs.   Would think a brand new computer wouldn't have problems like that out of the box.  Any suggestions or should i send it back?

Compaq Presario Notebook Q62-219WM

Windows 7

Thanks for the help.

Student
Wilruss
Message 2 of 3 (1,459 Views)

Re: Brand new Compaq Presario Laptop mouse pointer sticks and freezes

Bought a new Compaq Presario CQ56 YESTERDAY and already had this issue while typing a word processor document.  The cursor would not move and there was a tiny red light at the top left corner of the touchpad instead of the usual green one.  I was able to navigate with the tab/space bar enough to save my document, and simply closed the lid to put it to sleep for a few seconds, and it unfroze after I opened it.  Not a huge issue, but considering I've had this laptop for all of one day, it's a little disconcerting.

I thought I had inadvertently hit a pair of keys that disabled it, but couldn't figure it out, and after a quick search online it appears that I'm not the only one who has had this issue.  If it's random and not going to be a daily thing, I can live with it, otherwise it will become aggravating.

Any ideas/fixes out there for this?

Honor Student
jmatt271
Message 3 of 3 (1,422 Views)

Re: Brand new Compaq Presario Laptop mouse pointer sticks and freezes

hey whats up? I have the exact same laptop. What's happening is one of its unusual features. Where the light is, double tap it to turn on/off the mouse pad. i had the same problem with mine. hope this helps.

james matthew white
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation