Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Just one week ago I bought Hp 15-r007tx notebook. From the first day use its running too much slow and doing multitasking is quite a lot irritating. It keeps on hanging for a short moment. And when I am running the pc with several applications like visual studio,  firefox, sql sever simultaneously, the pc slows down more than worst.

This kind of behaviour gives me feeling that I am working on some 10yrs old pentium series machine.

The reason I think for this is the percent of disk utilization. When I observed the disk utilization in task manager, its shows me 100% disk utilization.

The pc not giving me smooth experience even when I am running only one application like visual studio. Its quite irritating for me to program on this laptop.

See my this thread on super user for more detailed problem.

I don't think that disk utiliztion should go to 100% even when running only one application at a time (the hdd rpm is 5400 which is quite sufficient).

What is the use of multicore core i5 processor when I even can't do a simple multitasking.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey @saurabhlprocks ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're having issues with performance on your HP 15 notebook.

High disk usage is often the result of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS). Try disabling the service by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type services.msc and click OK.
  3. Search for Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
  4. Right click it and select Properties.
  5. Stop the service with the Stop button.
  6. Change the startup type drop down menu to Disabled to prevent it from running after reboot.
  7. Test.

I would also suggest going through this guide for thorough and easy to follow steps on optimizing your notebooks performance without adding memory (RAM): Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 😎.

Also, your notebook is a FreeDOS system, make sure that all of the drivers are up to date for your hardware after installing Windows 8. You can use the HP Support Assistant (HPSA) for this or update them manually using your products support page available here: HP 15-r007tx Notebook PC Drivers.

If you don't have the HPSA installed you can download it here: HP Support Assistant. Start the download by selecting Notebooks, laptops, netbooks on the right side of the page. You can find a guide on using the HPSA here: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎.

Let me know if this information helps or if you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but your solutinos doesn't worked in my case, actually I've already tried all of them. Anyways I want to know, whether I can install SSD in my 15-r007TX notebook. If yes can you suggest me any good 120GB ssd?

HP Recommended

Hey saurabhlprocks,

I can't really tell you which SSD you should buy.

What I can tell you is that when installing an SSD it's best to use a clean install of Windows with the Windows installation media. Thea reason for this is that the the Recovery Media is set to work with specific drive sizes and can sometimes cause errors during the formatting and partitioning process.

As long as you are installing the SSD as the primary drive and use a clean install you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Actually ssd model means I want to ask you, 

1. Are there any differenct types of ssd?
  2. What compability I need to check in ssd and my laptop before buying it?
  3. There is something called SATA and mSATA SSD, which one is compatible with my laptop?
  4. What is difference between SATA and mSATA?
  5. Do I need to take my laptop to HP service center to get SSD insatlled in my laptop?
  6. My laptop is in warantee, so whether there will be any effect on my warantee due to installation of SSD.

In sort I want to make sure before purchasing the SSD, that it is 100% copatible with my laptop.

Edit:

I found this SSD. Please let me know, whether it is compatible to my laptop or not?

HP Recommended

Hey saurabhlprocks,

The only drives that I can confirm are 100% compatible are the drives listed in your notebook service guide:

1-GB, 5400-rpm, 2.5-in - 676521-001
750-GB, 5400-rpm, 2.5-in - 644351-001
500-GB, 5400-rpm, 2.5-in - 669299-001
320-GB, 5400-rpm, 2.5-in - 634953-001

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes. Besides the obvious differences of sizes and brands there are 2 main types of SSD storage. MLC and SLC. MLC is multi-layer storage which is common with USB flash drives, cell phones and digital cameras. SLC is single-layer storage which is faster and more reliable but usually costs more.

2. Only that it is a SATA connection, as it's best to replace the main HDD with SSD and use it as the primary drive.

3. SATA.

4. SATA stands for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment, mSATA stands for Mini Serial Advanced Technology Attachment. The only real difference is the size of the connection. Typically mSATA in HP notebooks are designed to be used as cache drives to increase performance and are not meant to be used as primary drives.

5. No. You can do this yourself. As mentioned in my original post it is best to install the SSD using a retail copy of Windows not the HP recovery media. You can find the steps to replace the drive in the service guide I liked at the top of this post, starting on page 48.

6. Installing a SSD does not void the warranty unless damage occurs as a direct result of changing the drive. Using the SSD itself will not cause damage to the notebook even if it doesn't work but it is always possible something gets physically broken when taking apart a notebook. Take your time and follow the guide carefully to prevent damage.

Your edit question: That drive looks fine and should work.

Hopefully this answers your questions. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Just one week ago I brought new HP 15 ac120 to
Configuration is good. The laptop came free dos I suggest to service centre to install windows 8.1 pro. Then i start my lap boot is very slow I calculate time approximately
60-180 sec to boot again I go to service centre I told my problem then they ask me " windows 8.1 is not compatible" . then I replay laptop was good configuration.that time service executive ask to install win7

Please help me best compatible OS is in my laptop
Why 8.1 boot is slow?
Configuration
Free dos
Graphic card 2 GB amd radon 330
Ram 4 GB
Hard disc 1 tb

Please help me ........
HP Recommended
Which is the best os for 15r-007tx laptop
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.