Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (242 Views)

Broken Keyboard or Hardware Problem

I have an HP Pavillion g6 for a little over a year now, and over the past few months the keyboard has slowly become more troublesome. Sometimes it works absolutely fine, and other times I will lose most of the line of keys. For example it started off that I would lose the top row, always with the exception of T, Y, [ and ]. Now the second line is causing more of a problem than the first, with me losing everthing apart from G and H. Part of me wonders why GHT and Y always atay working... Sometimes they just come back if I hold them in for a while, other times not. Anyway, I found a similar post saying to go into the BIOS menu and restore defaults, but I can't do that because Im always losing the middle line, which includes the enter key. I've tried downloading new hardware for the keyboard but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: Broken Keyboard or Hardware Problem

Hi ChrisTumil,

I am sorry to hear about this issue.

Please select any of the following documents based on the Operating System on the Notebook.

Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7): http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03843122&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8): http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03738933&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Please follow the troubleshooting steps and let me know whether it helped or not.

I am waiting to hear back from you.

!------------------- Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'.

Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation