Question

Student
Manfred_Austria
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't open BIOS after HP ProtectTools has been installed

[ Edited ]

Hi to all!

I installed HP ProtectTools on a HP ProBook 450 G0 and after that I cannot open BIOS Settings. The sceen freeze after pressing F10 button. Also startup isn't possible.

If I press (very early) Esc button and than "F7 for Spare Key" I can login with users password and the system is starting. If I restart from windows I will get the BIOS screen with password or fingerprint authentication and everything is ok!

But if I want to start this notebook nothing happens and the screen freezes. I allready made BIOS Update F.21 but nothing happens as well.

Thanks in advance for your support!!

Br, Manfred

Edit: Problem solved now!!! I disabled Pre-Boot Security and working is possible again. Everythings fine and I will open a beer now!!! :-)

Master's Graduate
HandyAndy14
Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)

Re: Can't open BIOS after HP ProtectTools has been installed

Hi Manfred_Austria,

Glad you were able to get this issue resolved! I will mark this as a solution so that other community members can find this with ease.

Thank you,

HandyAndy14
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation