Can't wake up laptop - HP Pavilion dv6000 (19180 Views)
Top Student
rips500
Message 21 of 52 (7,464 Views)

Re: Can't wake up laptop - HP Pavilion dv6000

Aways had the same problem here with Pavilion dv6-3180ea.

Honor Student
financeman
Message 22 of 52 (7,265 Views)

We took the battery out of our HP DV6000 waited about 20 seconds, put the battery back and ...........Walla

thanks to the post from drtodor.  i was about to go to the computer shop and drop big cash.  some of the other responses said hard drive, mother board ........nope, just take the bat tree out and plug it back in!  : )

Honor Student
ehrendog
Message 23 of 52 (7,239 Views)

After 6 months my Pavilion dv6 stopped waking up when I close lid to hibernate ....

My blue power light stays on (no blinking).

It will not respond to depressing any key(s). It's DEAD

To wake it up you must depress/hold  Power button and the restart....loses it's memory and have to reenter information when it starts up. ANNOYING PC

I was able 20  times now to restart by depressing the power button for 10 seconds, but continuing to do that over time is risky.

Is there a Solution???? None from HP support and I have seen none on the Blogs for over a year now.

Real Solution : I will never buy another HP product as this is a Product Fault. Tell your friends about this Product Defect

Student
pctechatstaples
Message 24 of 52 (7,225 Views)

Wow, does anyone at HP ever respond? Staples is now routinely discouraging HP laptops to customers looking to buy.

Wanna know why? Maybe someone from HP reading this is interested?

ehrendog wrote:

After 6 months my Pavilion dv6 stopped waking up when I close lid to hibernate ....

My blue power light stays on (no blinking).

It will not respond to depressing any key(s). It's DEAD

To wake it up you must depress/hold  Power button and the restart....loses it's memory and have to reenter information when it starts up. ANNOYING PC

I was able 20  times now to restart by depressing the power button for 10 seconds, but continuing to do that over time is risky.

Is there a Solution???? None from HP support and I have seen none on the Blogs for over a year now.

Real Solution : I will never buy another HP product as this is a Product Fault. Tell your friends about this Product Defect

Top Student
kafarhan
Message 25 of 52 (7,121 Views)

You can add me to the list.  I am now on hold with HP support for the 8th time.  I have factory restored my computer twice, updated bios three times and done everything thing else they asked me to do.  The last guy thought he solved the problem by disabeling sleep mode.  Ridiculous!!!  I want my sleep mode to work properly. 

I have been asking Tech support to put a supervisor on the phone but they just put me on hold until the phone automatically hangs up itself.  I want to have my computer fixed!!

HP Tech Support is horrible!!

Tutor
auntieannie2
Message 26 of 52 (7,085 Views)

I just asked the same question in a new thread, did not know this one already existed. Bought a refurbished HP DV5t 6 weeks ago, with windows 7 home premium, 6gb ram, 500gb HDD. From the first day I had it, whenever the laptop went into sleepmode, it would not wake up. Screen dark, power light and wifi light blinks slowly, will not wake up. Tried pushing power button, ctrl/alt/del and anything else suggested online, nothing works, except taking out the battery and unplugging the ac adapter. Then the laptop reboots with message ' not shut down properly'. Called tech support, installed bios update, no change. (Yes, I did talk to a supervisor, doesn't seem to make a difference) I finally decided to disable sleep mode when on ac, seems to work, i.e.. no sleep mode, no problem. I will need to also disable sleep in battery. Where is HP? With so many customers experiencing the same problem, why no help from HP? Would they rather lose customers than take care of this? Has anyone else found a solution for this, short of disabling everything? Anne

Top Student
kafarhan
Message 27 of 52 (7,072 Views)

My update is that i finally got HP to take my computer in for a repair.  I finally got a tech support person (the 9th one) who said.. you have done everything, let me get your a supervisor and he'll set up for you to send in your computer.  So I finally talked to the supervisor who started the troubleshooting process all over again (spent 2 hours on the phone with him).  He was positive every step he was taking was going to fix the problem.  I told him, I've already done this before but I'll do it again if that makes you believe this is a big problem.  He really thought a BIOS update was the answer - it wasn't. 

So I mailed off my computer this morning and should have it back soon.  I'll let y'all know if it gets fixed, and how.

My suggestion - be persistant with their tech support (phone).  Keep calling back.  It took probably 15 hours (multiple days)  of doing the same things over again - but I eventually got them to take it in.  This is a major issue for me - so if it is for you to put in the effort of spending all that time on the phone, it could be worth it.  I'm just praying they don't send it back still not fixed.

Student
Maccabi
Message 28 of 52 (7,046 Views)

I don't recommend anyone purchase the HP Pavilion g6. Very frustrating time waking from hibernation. Purchased service plan from Staples which enabled me to get the computer fixed on site. When I reported my problem with the inablity to wake from hibernation, I was told uh oh we no longer honor that service agreement. I'd like to return the thing but you only have fourteen days to do so. Go with a more accomodating company and a more dependable device

Top Student
kafarhan
Message 29 of 52 (6,947 Views)

Replaced Motherboard

Just received my laptop back from HP and the problem seems to be fixed.  They replaced the Motherboard.  So if you have the time and perserverance - go for it (and it's in warrenty).  This was a major problem for me and I am glad I got this fixed.  HP needs to realize that this is a major issue and that they have crappy service. 

Honor Student
leanae
Message 30 of 52 (6,857 Views)

Re: Replaced Motherboard

I have a HP G7000. Only have this problem last 3 weeks. Don't know what is different? Laptop is older than 3 years, so it is out of warrenty. Any other advice, apart from replacing motherboard? I have it permanently on AC power (basically use it as desktop).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation