09-03-2012 04:12 PM
bought an HP Elitebook 8530p from a friends sister and she doesnt remember the password to get into the bios. I am installing fresh win 7 on it right now but would certainly like to be able to get into the bios.
thank you for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-03-2012 04:35 PM
See if you can access the BIOS as a guest, and I believe you can delete the password from there.
You can also read the link below and see if that method works.
You can also try this which I copied and pasted from another post...
The 6930p should have basically the same BIOS structure as an 8530p which is not much more than a 6930p with a 15.6" screen and an HDMI out port.
with regards to accessing the bios on this HP laptop 6930p elitebook I too had the same trouble
after trying every avenue on multiple posts across the world I decided to try my own method
here is how I was able to finally gain access
the laptop I was repairing was running windows vista but was completely locked out I couldn't even boot into windows as the password for the so and for protect tools was unknown
I did the following
1. Remove the laptop hdd and wipe it using a PC ( install it to the shut down PC, turn on, boot in, the os will ask you to either format the hdd before it can be used or you will have to locate it in disk management)
2. Remove all hard drives that might contain info or windows installs from the said PC leaving just the laptop hard drive in
3. Start the install process of windows 7 on the PC
4. Once the installation process of windows 7 has expanded all files to the laptop hdd and wants the first restart let it shut down the PC, turn off the power completely (for safety reason ofc) and remove the laptop hdd from the PC and replace it back into the laptop
5. Turn the laptop on and quickly insert the win 7 install disc into the laptop DVD rom drive
6. Now this is the good part, because you have installed the os to the first restart no drivers have been installed to the hdd tying it to the PC you started the process off on so the laptop will just resume the installation of windows 7 to the laptop
7. Once all system drivers have been installed go to the HP website and download all the protect tools in the security section on the downloads page and install them, once installed you will be able to set a new bios password
be warned though, removal of the original bios administrator password will still not be possible but you will have full access to the bios
on restarting the laptop if (F10) is pressed to access the bios you will see the new operator as well as the old administrator, select the new one, enter the password you set in protect tools and your in!!!