Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi there i have the exact same problem.

how ever when i do the test i cant do the HD test the other test i can do it passes..

I'd put the bios back in its standard settings it looked like it worked but then after i rebooted once more again stuck on hp invent screen.

I tried starting without HD (nothing) of the 10 times only once it said no hd etc.

sometimes it does start up but it takes ages to start win XP.

I want to reset the cmos like you said.
how do i get to the battery?
cause i dont have the right tools to upen the case.

can you make like a step by step thing for this model?
cause i dont know how.

I got this laptop from a schoolproject cause i dont have a lot of money to buy a new one.. 😞 please help

HP Recommended

try holding the Windows key + the B key and then pressing the power button.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@jamar12 wrote:

hi there i have the exact same problem.

how ever when i do the test i cant do the HD test the other test i can do it passes..

I'd put the bios back in its standard settings it looked like it worked but then after i rebooted once more again stuck on hp invent screen.

I tried starting without HD (nothing) of the 10 times only once it said no hd etc.

sometimes it does start up but it takes ages to start win XP.

I want to reset the cmos like you said.
how do i get to the battery?
cause i dont have the right tools to upen the case.

can you make like a step by step thing for this model?
cause i dont know how.

I got this laptop from a schoolproject cause i dont have a lot of money to buy a new one.. 😞 please help

Have you also tried testing the memory modules  and the hard disk?

Have you tried a hard reset?

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

If you were able to boot into Windows then you may reinstallt eh abttery at your leisure.

I should advise you that accessing the RTC (BIOS) battery in this notebook requires quite a bit of disassembly. It is not something for a novice to attempt.  

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I can do anything with a desktop but a laptop is new for me.

however i tried almost everything i turned the touchpad off now it works like a charm :S

maybe the touchpad wos broken?

HP Recommended
Yes. That could be it but that is weird. 😉

I can find a part number if you wish.

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.