Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Im was watching videos in YouTube, and suddendly screen comed white complety, and it didn't even response to Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Then i shutdown it holding power button. Then tried to start it, but then Compaq logo appeared and there reads all normally Press ESC for startup menu, then the computer continued to boot normally and there is Starting Windows and after few minutes, screen goes black and nothing happens. Then i tried to restart, and tried to access BIOS and when i was in BIOS, the screen did go black again. Then tried to reboot, and this time Caps Lock LED keep blinking. LED flashes 2 times, then there is a small gap and then it flashes again 2 times, and the same is happening all the time. Does it mean that there is a fault in BIOS? Laptop is only just few months old. I tried hard reset, but same thing happens, caps lock just keep blinking.

Edit: I just noticed sometimes there is not light even in Caps Lock, just blank screen, thats all, and sometimes when i try to boot it the Caps Lock just shows light, it doesnt blink or something, it is just on. But usually it binks 2 times and then there is small gap and it makes same all day. Is the laptop totally broken or is there way to fix it?

Edit 2: Now it is blinkin 1 light, then gap, then 1 light, and same continues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Oh my bad, i read wrong. I readed: Try to remove hard drive. Fail. But i have tried hard reset, what i have said in first post, and it didn't work. But i have already sended my laptop to shop where i buy it and now it has been send to HP, so no problem anymore. Just waiting it comes from HP. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow the guide on the link below to carry out a Hard Reset of the notebook to see if this helps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
But it has warranty left. Do i lose warranty if i remove hard drive?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just meant you should try the Hard Reset procedure - removing the battery and holding down the Power Button etc - If this doesn't help, I would strongly recommend returning the notebook to HP and have it repaired under warranty.  You can contact HP on the link below.

Contact HP

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Oh my bad, i read wrong. I readed: Try to remove hard drive. Fail. But i have tried hard reset, what i have said in first post, and it didn't work. But i have already sended my laptop to shop where i buy it and now it has been send to HP, so no problem anymore. Just waiting it comes from HP. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.