Compaq Presario CQ62 FAULT HELP HELP HELP PLEASE (5409 Views)
Top Student
doormatt
Message 1 of 16 (5,409 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ62 FAULT HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

my laptop was working perfectly fine just the other day now it seems to have an issue.

Laptop starts up then turns itself off. once i press power on again it says on and you can hear everything working i.e. harddrive fan etc.

Nothing shows up on the screen the wifi light is on permanatly and the caps lock blinks once every 2-3 seconds.

can anybody help.

Compaq presario CQ62

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 2 of 16 (5,406 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario CQ62 FAULT HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Here is a link to the led blink codes:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443366&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&rule=26781&... Once you figure out what the issue is, please repost and we will try to help you, okay?

EDIT: HAVE YOU TRIED A COLDSTART?

If it were a rattler. . . .

Top Student
doormatt
Message 3 of 16 (5,400 Views)

i have looked at the list allready and it seems to me that it idicates CPU failure. But im not too sure it the light is blinking continusly and i have tried another cpu inside the machine and this didnt work. I didnt however try the same cpu it was an older chip but still fit.

Top Student
doormatt
Message 4 of 16 (5,399 Views)

what do you mean by coldstart?????
Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 5 of 16 (5,387 Views)

It's a hard reset; where you disconnect all power sources, battery, plug, usb devices, etc, and then hold down the power button for a minute to clear residual charge, which will reset your bios--an intern friend here @ Hp Support  DDotDacherDash calls it a 'cold start' and I was talking to him while also conveying to you. Sorry about that.

Top Student
doormatt
Message 6 of 16 (5,372 Views)

Ive already tried that but still have same fault. Ive had a reflow performed just in case it was video card still same fault. I tried a different processor in the motherboard still same fault. But wasnt sure if it had to be exact same processor the one i used fit.

Originally i thought it was a video card issue but evidently not. Now i really cannot pin point the issue. Theres no video output on screen vga or hdmi. Once turned on it turns itself off. Then i turn it on again and there is just a continusly light flashing on caps lock. 1 light every 3 seconds. Really need to fix this issue.
Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 7 of 16 (5,369 Views)

Hello,

That's the cpu. No doubt. Here's a link to codes:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443366&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&rule=26781&...  

Hp bios is extremely finicky. If the laptop doesn't have the right cpu, it just ain't going to go!

Top Student
doormatt
Message 8 of 16 (5,366 Views)

So you reccomend buying a new cpu then. They have the same model on ebay for £10. So i may try that. Should that solve video issues etc.
Top Student
doormatt
Message 9 of 16 (5,363 Views)

Just to make this clearer. I jus connected everythi back together and it started and caps lock blinks twice. Then restarts and the the caps lock blink once continusly. So maybe bios failure????? Any help on restoring this. As i dont want to buy a cpu for nothing.
Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 10 of 16 (5,350 Views)

Hello,

The laptop can be having multiple failures; the blink codes indicate both an undesirable cpu and a corrupted bios.

I don't know what to tell you other than . . . I don't know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation