Question

Student
hieumungadunga
Message 1 of 1 (941 Views)

Compaq Presario Flashes Power Button then shuts off

OK so I was laying in bed with my laptop on one night and I suddenly fell asleep. As I found out later at 4AM, I had knocked my laptop over to the floor like a foot below. As it landed, it fell on the side of the power adapter, making the tip of the adapter bent. The computer was off now. After I woke up I tried to bend it back together but it didn't seem to work. Later in the day, I tried it again, and this time the 'charging' light was lit up, signaling that my laptop and the charger had a connection - which was very great news to me. After I saw it light up, I pressed the power button. The first thing that happened was the fan blew, like always, then the power button and the mute button started flashing. After it was done flashing, it just turns off. Any help for what I can do? Is it the power adapter - as in should i just purchase a new one? Or is it completely my laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation