Question

Top Student
wiggnj
Message 1 of 4 (225 Views)

Compaq Presario will not power up

At Times I have to remove the battery, hold the power on button down for 10 seconds, and then replace the battery

before the system will power up.  This has been happening since I purchased it and now seems to be happening more frequently.  is there a fix?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario will not power up

[ Edited ]

I recommend that you contact HP.

It is abnormal to have to regularly perform hard resets. That is what you have been doing.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
wiggnj
Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)

I probably should have taken it back when I first purchased it, now it's out of warranty.

I'm getting ready to buy a new laptop soon may just retire this one.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (212 Views)

wiggnj wrote:

I probably should have taken it back when I first purchased it, now it's out of warranty.

I'm getting ready to buy a new laptop soon may just retire this one.

You may want to see if there is an updated BIOS available at the HP web support portal for your notebook in the Drivers & Software downloads section.. I would check, but I have no idea on the product name of your notebook and the installed operating system. 

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation