Question

Student
Beckaboo
Message 1 of 2 (1,201 Views)

Computer crashes every time I try to watch a movie or video!

[ Edited ]

I have a Pavilion dv6-1361sb Entertainment PC which I received for Christmas in '09. It has been used less than 20 times and I take especially good care of it, However, any time I try to watch a movie or TV on my computer, whether it be streaming online or from a DVD, my computer crashes. It will play for awhile (about 20-25 mins) and then it always crashes, I have tried downloading several different media players, thinking it was the one pre-installed on my PC, but to no avail. I have tried looking up possible solutions online and running diagnostics and tune-ups on my computer. It never finds anything, and all my programs are up to date. Please help, this is most irritating, as I pretty much got my laptop to watch movies and shows on. Thank you!

P.S. The crashing entails of the picture of whatever I am watching suddenly stopping moving, as the audio continues. Seconds later, the audio becomes glitchy and mechanical and then fails. Then, my computer will not function at all. I cannot exit the program, bring up any menus or the Task Manager. I have to shut down my computer with the power button, which I detest doing. Thanks for the help in advance

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 2 (1,195 Views)

Re: Computer crashes every time I try to watch a movie or video!

Sounds like a graphics card/driver issue. Try to install the most up to date driver for your videocard

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation