Connection issues on new laptop (123 Views)
Student
crazybob60
Message 1 of 1 (123 Views)

Connection issues on new laptop

I have recently purchased a new laptop HP 2000-410US Notebook PC.  The OS is Windows 7 64-bit. 

I had a similar laptop previous to this, an HP G60-530US Notebook. 

The issues that I am having is internet connection issues.  My previous laptop had no issues at all connected to the internet anywhere in my house.  No matter how far I was away from the router or anything.  My new laptop is very spotty.  I will have connection for maybe a minute and then it will go very slow and then it will go totally out and stay out for minutes at a time.  Its very frustrating.  I don't think that it is an issue of being so far away from the router.  Because where I normally sit is only about 20-25 feet from the router (and as I said earlier, the previous laptop didn't have any issues).  But then again, if I bring the new laptop closer to the router (say 5 feet) the internet connection works like a charm. 

Are there any suggestions out there?  Is there something that I need to do to the laptop to 'better the internet signal'?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation