DV6-3019 Blank Screen - Caps Lock Blinking Constantly (2698 Views)
Student
ae89194
Message 1 of 3 (2,698 Views)

DV6-3019 Blank Screen - Caps Lock Blinking Constantly

Hi, I really hope I can get some help here.  Have an HP Pavilion DV6 that is just a few months out of the 1 year warranty (just my luck) and desperately need to get it working.  Originally, it wouldn't boot at all.  I replaced the power supply, but the device still would not boot.  I took apart the laptop and noticed a scorch mark on the motherboard.  I suspected a power surge of some kind fried it.  I purchased and replaced the systemboard.  After putting the laptop back together, I then got lights on the laptop, but the system would not boot.  The caps lock LED blinks constantly (does not stop after 6 blinks, just keeps going), the light on the back of the screen (outer cover) where the HP logo is lights up and the white LED next to the power supply input is on solid.  I continued troubleshooting and much to my surprise it booted up, seemingly at random.  I thought the problem was fixed.  However, after I shut it down and tried to power it on again, I was back to the blinking caps lock key.  I've repeated this cycle a few times, and I'm back to the same point.  I tried replacing the RAM, but that did not resolve the issue, either.  I've tried booting without the hard drive installed, etc. and can't get the BIOS screen to even come up.  Connecting an external monitor does nothing.

I'm wondering if the CPU was somehow damaged, but I'm not sure how to test it without replacing it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated

Student
Eric_Yang
Message 2 of 3 (2,612 Views)

Re: DV6-3019 Blank Screen - Caps Lock Blinking Constantly

I have the exact same situation. Have disammbled and reassmble everything, take off memory and HDD, nothing works. It drives me nuts. any help?
Student
DanDubai
Message 3 of 3 (2,364 Views)

Re: DV6-3019 Blank Screen - Caps Lock Blinking Constantly

Sincere advise get the Dell XPS 14Z

I have gone through 2 HP DV6 within their warranty periods luckily. One was the 3190 - i7 and the other 3149 - AMD. Constant problems with both and I have finally given up on HP technology

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation