Question

Honor Student
pratikpatra
Message 1 of 4 (380 Views)

DV6-7039TX: Overheating+Screen Freezes (corrupt) with noises.

My Laptop( DV6-7039TX ) is almost a year old, now but has been showing overheating problems for far too long. The desktop gadget shows a temperature of 50-80 degrees celsius, almost all the time. Recently (since two weeks) frequently and abruptly the screen just freezes or turns black or many a times turns corrupt with random colored noises and fragements of desktop in thick bands alternating with black bands, whenever I run some resource hungry applications or games.

A shot of how the screen looks:
Photo-0024.jpg

A week ago I sent in my laptop at an authorised HP service center and they returned the laptop after clearing of vents and application of thermal grease. But even after their claims that the problem has been solved, I found the same problems continuing as soon as I ran the same apps!

Please help, in serious dilemma! :smileysad:

dxdiag and cpu-z specs are in this Google Drive Folder:
dxdiag_cpuzspecs

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (375 Views)

Re: DV6-7039TX: Overheating+Screen Freezes (corrupt) with noises.

Hi,

From the image, I can see there is a serious problem with the video component (including the screen itself). My suggestion: bring it back and ask them to check it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
pratikpatra
Message 3 of 4 (368 Views)

Do you think there might be a problem with the screen? Because it has happened mostly when resource-hungry apps have been run for 10-15 mins. I am hugely dissatisfied with HP, on this front. My friends have dell with almost same config and their's are way cooler. :smileysad:
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)

Hi,

To check the screen, you can connect your machine to an external monitor

(a) Still having this problem: the video card is bad,

(b) Display properly: the screen of your laptop is bad.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation