Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, so i was using my laptop one day, perfectly fine and i got sick so i had it turned off for about 2 or 3 days. When i turned it back on it started beeping continously ( Not 1 long beep, but 1 beep followed by another instantly.

Now i tryed re-installing Windows 7, and did so but it continued with the same problem. So i did a format on my drive, and did a clean install of windows 7, It currently completed the installation and reset to go to the next step ( Now it will not start back up to desktop to completely finish it just keeps beeping and freezing )

I did a hard restart and that did not work, and i cleaned my air vents, Nothing has worked to fix this, and i had done nothing in the 2 or 3 days it was off ( Prior to that day i last played, it was working fine, and the day i turned it off all i did was play World of Warcraft, did not download/install anything new )

I opened up the back, and checked my memory was seated right, and my HDD was inplace properly ( At first when it was happening, it would not go into desktop without the Windows 7 CD inside, now after i have done a clean install, it will not go to desktop regardless )

I read another post with similar problems, and am planning to out 1 of my ram sticks, and just try starting it with 1 in, and switching them and trying to see if that helps, but i will be doing that tomorrow as i have been working on this thing for many hours tonight, i have been on the Windows 7 forum getting guidance from someone there, but he gave me a link to read and decided i should post here also.

My suspisions are that if none of it works, that it is either my Proccessor, My Ram or my entire CPU, which in this case i don't know what to go about doing or if it is worth fixing ( Ram is easy, but the other two seems difficult and expensive ) So any help or guidance i can get from you guys would be greatly appriciated as it is a HP Pavillion dv6 notepad.

Edit : I did manage to get back into Desktop and fully complete my Clean Install of windows 7, and i did a Reset Default to the BIOS, Will come back tomorrow with any updates i have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah mate, i have been waiting ever since i posted for a response from the HP staff.

They are **bleep**ing pathetic and i will never buy a HP Anything ever again, i will also tell all my friends and tell all my friends to tell their friends and so on and so forth not to do so either. I will also let any forum i post on the same thing, and any online game i play on the same thing.

I gave up and am just going to buy a brand new DESKTOP PC, They run better and you can actually fix hardware issues if it is Graphics/CPU stuff, unlike a Laptop.

If i was to ever get a laptop again, it would not be a HP, i would rather have nothing then use a pathetic HP product ever again, i would rather die then have to use it. Their tech support is pathetic, and i have had nothing but problems with the HP laptop i had since the start.

Because of their pathetic excuse for a laptop/computer i am behind in my studies and have possibly failed a few projects that i may not be able to repeat. Thanks HP you are now beneath dirt to me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

I have exactley the same issue with the same device, I tried reinstalling the BIOS, and all the things you have, but no luck. I have seen a few posts that may be refering to the graphics card, so I tried to updated the ATI driver, and the system crashed.

I then uninstalled the ATI driver compleatley, and it made no difference. 

I get the beeping sometimes even when I go in to the BIOS set up. but sometimes I dont!!

The beep does surgest some sort of hardware failure, but the HP site does not list this beep in their beep code table.

Any help would be greatley received. 

Thanks

Tom 

HP Recommended

Yeah mate, i have been waiting ever since i posted for a response from the HP staff.

They are **bleep**ing pathetic and i will never buy a HP Anything ever again, i will also tell all my friends and tell all my friends to tell their friends and so on and so forth not to do so either. I will also let any forum i post on the same thing, and any online game i play on the same thing.

I gave up and am just going to buy a brand new DESKTOP PC, They run better and you can actually fix hardware issues if it is Graphics/CPU stuff, unlike a Laptop.

If i was to ever get a laptop again, it would not be a HP, i would rather have nothing then use a pathetic HP product ever again, i would rather die then have to use it. Their tech support is pathetic, and i have had nothing but problems with the HP laptop i had since the start.

Because of their pathetic excuse for a laptop/computer i am behind in my studies and have possibly failed a few projects that i may not be able to repeat. Thanks HP you are now beneath dirt to me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.