Question

Honor Student
mkraap
Message 1 of 7 (5,596 Views)

DV9000 plugged in not charging. 1% available.

I have read many of the chat on this subject, I also tried many of the remedies, relating to power off removing battery, power up still not charging. So I bought a new battery, same thing. Tried the power off thing again. No love. So I searched for more answers and found the battery check, so I ran it, it says that no battery has been detected. ARRGGHHHH. What's next?

I can't believe this has been a problem for so long and it hasn't been resolved.

Honor Student
mkraap
Message 2 of 7 (5,594 Views)

Re: DV9000 plugged in not charging. 1% available.

Oh by the way I put the original battery back in restarted, ran battery check.......same thing, battery not detected.

Top Student
NealeGilhooley
Message 3 of 7 (5,552 Views)

Hi

There is some info about a product recall and battery recall for the DV9000 at http://search.hp.com/gwukeng/query.html?cc=uk&lang=en&charset=utf-8&qt=hp+pavillion+recall&la=en

My battery has always been poor I never even bother to use it unplugged any more, but dont see the pointy of buying a new one as the same thing may happen, as did to you.

I have this laptop which is now unable to restart since saturday - (3 days without my Laptop!) and I have contacted HP.

There seems to be a recall issues so worth investigating before it gets as bad as mine.

Neale

Top Student
NealeGilhooley
Message 4 of 7 (5,506 Views)

Re: DV9000 plugged in not charging. Faulty battery - recalled USA only

[ Edited ]

I did get a reply from HP UK (well who knows where they actually are) saying it was a hardware problem and out of warranty so tough.  They sent me to a website to find a local fixer but none in my area (Edinburgh only has half a million population?) so my own local Laptop service company say that the video graphics card has burned out and as its embedded on the motherboard that needs replaced - cost £440 (Almost 450 Euro).

But if I replace with a motherboard which seems to have a design flaw - or at least a faulty graphics card - then how long will it last? That part comes with a 3 month warranty not even a year, so it is not a good bet. That is around half of what I paid for the HP laptop

Anyone in the UK want to buy a 17" HP DV9000 cost £1,000 2 years ago, value now spare parts if I am lucky and a repair diagnostic bill to pay. 

Seriously, trade for parts anyone? I got 2 x 250 gig hard drives and even bought more RAM to speed it up.

[email removed for privacy reasons]

Top Student
stroke2007
Message 5 of 7 (5,079 Views)

Re: DV9000 plugged in not charging. Faulty battery - recalled USA only

How much Do you want for it?

Top Student
lilee221
Message 6 of 7 (4,329 Views)

Maybe it's your adapter for the dv9000 laptop which have been gone wrong, you can use another adapter in good condition to charger again

Otherwise if you need a new DV9000 AC Adapter, you can look over to http://www.all-batteries.co.uk/laptop-ac-adapter/hp-pavilion-dv9000.htm or http://www.aubatteries.com.au/laptop-ac-adapter/90w-hp-compaq-laptop-ac-adapter.htm ; Supply Hi-Quality 90W Laptop Power AC Adapter for Laptop Compaq Presario M2000 V2000 V3000 HP Pavilion dv2000 dv6000 dv8000 dv9000 and Compaq Presario CQ20 CQ35 CQ40 CQ50 CQ60 Series, HP EliteBook 2730p 6930p 8530p 8530w 8730w notebooks

Honor Student
tempikas
Message 7 of 7 (314 Views)

I wanted to share my experience, with people who may have had the same problem.
If you have recently opened up your laptop, and when putting it back together, it won't charge anymore.
Open your laptop again, and double check your cable that goes into the AC power plug. My laptop had this issue, because the cable fits both ways, and resolved it by accident.
Hopefully this will help some of you :smileyhappy:.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation