Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just Bought Envy dv6, after inital setup i found that the double tap is not working as expected, i mean i am unable to drag & drop anything nor i am able to select any text.

I checked all the possibilities from control pannel and Synaptics options, i also tried to reinstall the touchpad drives but problem is still there.

If i tap more then 2 times some time i am able to drag any object but mostly it just ignore the taps!

Is there any solution for this issue or should i sell it as it is? its extremely frustrating!!

Thanks in Advance.

TechInfo:

Notebook: HP ENVY dv6 7210TX

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would recommend downloading the synaptics touch pad driver directly from synaptics website. This will be the most recent driver available for your notebook and may improve the functionality.

Here is a link to their driver downloads: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I ju

(starting here because the preloaded text won't go away - this doesn't bode well!)

I just bought an HP Envy notebook, with synaptics touchpad, Windows 10, at the end of 2016, from COSTCO.  The touchpad has been AWFUL!  

So this problem has been around since January of 2013?! I have re-loaded drivers, messed with settings, turned it off completelt, tried dampening my fingers, tried tablet mode, and implored it, on my knees, from the 4 cardinal directions - NOTHING FIXES THE PROBLEM!  Even single tap doesn't always work as expected!

What gives, HP!?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.