During the operation of my laptop pop-up ads display on screen and I cannot block them . (3308 Views)
Student
chevy05
Message 1 of 2 (3,308 Views)

During the operation of my laptop pop-up ads display on screen and I cannot block them .

With my current security I cannot block pop-up ads from disrupting my screen and not allowing me to work with my computer? How can I stop this from happening?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (3,307 Views)

Re: During the operation of my laptop pop-up ads display on screen and I cannot block them .

Hi,

First of all, download and install the free versions of MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware on the links below.

MBAM

SUPERAntiSpyware

When installed, run full scans with both these utilities and delete/quarantine anything found.

If the problem still persists, try the following:

If you are using Internet Explorer, close any Internet Explorer windows that may be open, then try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Internet Options, click the Privacy tab, place a tick in the box next to 'Turn on Pop-up Blocker', then click Apply to save the change - sites that you want to allow pop-ups for can be added to the list of Allowed Sites by clicking the Settings button, adding the web address and then clicking the Add button.

Another option you may want to consider is to download and install Firefox.  When done, install the Add-on Adblock Plus

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation