Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having same issue with EliteBook 840 running Windows 7 Professional.

I can't even fix this issue by downloading the Intel graphics driver from HP website as there is only one and it's version 9.18.10.3324 instead of 10.something like everyone else here.

This is a company laptop that I'm trying to troubleshoot so any help would be very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello same probleme, lot off probleme whith this computer, no wake up, keybord no work correctly, it's the second, first have bad quality display ....

I think HP dont test anything, only sales and when y contact hotline, no correct response.

My another HP avec go to repair 6 time !!

Iy am disapointed ...... Y can use for my job, y have purchase this computer on May 2014 ......

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your notebook. However, since this is a commercial notebook, you should post your issue on the notebook board of the HP Enterprise Forums for a better answer.

Have a wonderful day! :smileyhappy:

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Same issue here, latest bios. I have tested with Windows 7/8/8.1 and Ubuntu all the same issues.

Case : 4733773819 has been opened

HP Recommended

Having the same issue. Latest July bios and latest August hp intel video driver both with supposed fixes for this issue but still same problem and have to hard reset laptop. Then it takes an extra 5-15minutes to login again after system boots. The problem seems worse if I have a USB-Serial adpater plugged in. Also I don't seem to have the issue when I'm using the docking station.

HP Recommended

I was able to fix this by disabling hibernate mode as per this article:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html

Noty sure it's a 100% fix though, as out of 5 atempts, the PC still did not wake up in one of them. But the other 4 went fine, so I attribute the one failure to a fluke, for now at least.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Spoke too soon. I still have the issue, albeit I am uable to reproduce it right after a reboot - I will put the notebook to sleep and I am able to wake it up succesfully. Leavking it on for a longer period however, and then putting to sleep, I get the black screen of death.

This is most annoying. HP, are you listening?

HP Recommended

Try this, it fixed it for me after hours and hours of pulling my hair out...

1. Disable the fingerprint device in the BIOS.

2. Uninstall the finger print driver software

After sleep and resume I'm finally able to get back into the system with a password.

I haven't tried finding an update driver/software for the fingerprint device but that may also be a solution. 

I hope it helps some of you our there too

Cheers, Joel

HP Recommended

@jduckworth wrote:

Try this, it fixed it for me after hours and hours of pulling my hair out...

1. Disable the fingerprint device in the BIOS.

2. Uninstall the finger print driver software

After sleep and resume I'm finally able to get back into the system with a password.

I haven't tried finding an update driver/software for the fingerprint device but that may also be a solution. 

I hope it helps some of you our there too

Cheers, Joel

This did not work for me. Next. 🙂

HP Recommended

The solution I've found resolves this issue for Windows 7, 8 and 10.

The permanent fix for this issue WITHOUT rolling back your video driver is as follows:

1. Head into your Power Settings within Control Panel

2. Click 'Change Plan Settings' for the power option you have selected

3. Near the bottom click 'Change Advanced Power Settings'

4. Expand the options for 'Sleep'

5. Expand 'Allow Hybrid Sleep'

6. Select 'On' for Battery and 'On' for Plugged In

7. Click Ok and try entering sleep mode

-PaloBravo, IT Manager

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.