Re: Elitebook 8440p Hangs and turn to Blue Screen after plug the USB thumb drive (881 Views)
Student
chin_tiong-t
Message 1 of 2 (883 Views)

Elitebook 8440p Hangs and turn to Blue Screen after plug the USB thumb drive

Hi all, can somebody give a solution to fix this issue? i have a Elitebook 8440P Notebook. it is product from india.

i have an issue, when the notebook plug in the USB pendrive or USB external HDD, 1st it Hangs and will turn to blue screen.

i did try format and reinstall the Unit, but problem still the same even, it is using the pure Windows.

but when i using the laptop is working fine when it is using WinXP and Win Vista..... only win7 cannot working.. can tell me

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (881 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8440p Hangs and turn to Blue Screen after plug the USB thumb drive

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Choose your specific Windows 7 installation on the link below, then download and install the Chipset driver.  When installed, restart the notebook.  If this doesn't help, you may also want to check whether there is a bios update that reports to help this issue.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4095873...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation