Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi, can anybody help please? I bought a HP Envy x360 convertible laptop PC 15-u010dx just over 2 weeks ago and today it has just "died" on me and I cannot boot it up. Power cable light is on, so has power, but nothing's happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Kewt,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to boot up your new x360 notebook.

Can you tell me if any lights are blinking when you try to turn on the notebook, or if you can hear the fan or hard drive spinning?

Here is a good place to start troubleshooting startup problems:
Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps.
Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

You can also try running a system recovery from the HP Recovery Manager if you are able to access it. You can access this tool by repeatedly tapping the F11 key on your keyboard while turning it on.

A new notebook like this one should be covered under warranty.  You can contact phone support for service options if you are unable to access the system recovery options on startup. You can contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836 in North America. For all other regions click here.

Hopefully this information helps! Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Hi Great-Deku-Tree

Thank you for your post, much appreciated. I purchased my notebook in Florida and I live in Scotland. I've been I touch with the UK help desk who are collecting it tomorrow for repair as all efforts over the phone failed to bring it back to life. I think there could be a fault in the hinge as the keys appear to be inactive, therefore unable to do anything with it.

Thanks again 😄
HP Recommended
Hey guys I just got a Hp - Envy X360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-screen Laptop for Christmas and it doesn't turn on. I plug in the charger and the orange light turns on and then when I click the power button it blinks white one time then it turns off right away. What do I do
HP Recommended
My lap top is fully charged and it still doesn't turn on? It just blinks one time and that's it
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.