Question

Honor Student
Kerycia
Message 1 of 4 (3,994 Views)

FROZEN POINTER MOUSE/ TOUCH PAD: HP pavilion dv7 1468 nr

My husband has an HP pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC and as of last night the touch pad is frozen! I tried a hard reset and starting it in safe mode but even when in safe mode the mouse does not move from the center of the screen. I am not very good with technology and am trying to figure this out. I am unsure of what to do next? CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 4 (3,992 Views)

Re: FROZEN POINTER MOUSE/ TOUCH PAD: HP pavilion dv7 1468 nr

When you boot into normal mode, Just above the mouse cursor area on touchpad there is a Touchpad ON/OFF button and close to that there is a small LED light. 

If the LED light is White it means touchpad is ON and if light is amber it means touchpad is OFF. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
Kerycia
Message 3 of 4 (3,988 Views)

I know this. And the light is white but still not working. Do you know of anything else I can do to solve this problem?

Honor Student
JDOrozco
Message 4 of 4 (3,786 Views)

I have the solution. What is happening is that you are "deactivating" the mouse by hitting the small white square on the mouse pad. This box turns the mouse pad on and off. To reactivate the mouse pad, simply double tap the white box and your mouse pad shoud reactive. It is has worked every time for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation