Question

Top Student
MrsDavis2013
Message 1 of 9 (284 Views)

Factory Reset, Computer Barely Moving/Freezin

I reset my computer to factory settings because I thought I had a virus, and now after downloading all of the Microsoft updates, my computer is moving so slowly I feel like it's moving backwards! The internet pages are taking forever to load, my connection is at 5 bars, and I have my cable company's top speed-lightning. And of course the webcam doesn't work. Please help me! I cannot take this laptop anymore, after having it for maybe 3 years, and sending back at least 5 times, and them having to give me a completely different model due to no longer making the model that was originally paid for, I can't wait to get a new brand of computer, but until then, please help me deal with the one I'm stuck with. Please and thank you. ^.^

Tutor
joar
Message 2 of 9 (279 Views)

Re: Factory Reset, Computer Barely Moving/Freezin

[ Edited ]

What you can do is installing "Advanced system care pro 7 or ultimate". This will scan for errors or things that slows down your computer performance and startup. Download: http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcarepro.php (official site)

Take my advanced system care pro 7 key: C5381-80DD2-B0C44-CD9B4

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Top Student
MrsDavis2013
Message 3 of 9 (272 Views)

Thank you so much! I am downloading now, I will update you on the results! ^.^

Tutor
joar
Message 4 of 9 (266 Views)

Please do :smileyhappy:
Top Student
MrsDavis2013
Message 5 of 9 (260 Views)

Re: Factory Reset, Computer Barely Moving/Freezing

Wow! It is moving faster! It even has a turbo boost! Thank you so much! Just crossing my fingers that it lasts with this computer, lol. Thank you so much!

Tutor
joar
Message 6 of 9 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]

Look at "toolbox" then go to start up manager then deactivate all programs that you don't need. And No probem. I'm here to help :smileyhappy:

Top Student
MrsDavis2013
Message 7 of 9 (240 Views)

You're so awesome!!! Thank you again! Have a wonderful holiday!
Top Student
MrsDavis2013
Message 8 of 9 (233 Views)

And now I'm pretty sure I have a virus.. I can't do anything! Nothing loads and I suddenly got disconnected from my internet and it's asking me for my password even though it's saved..
Tutor
joar
Message 9 of 9 (209 Views)

Be careful with what you download my friend. Download AVG Free.
http://www.avg.com/eu-en/download-internet-security-thank-you
Btw, I have not given you any viruses. You might have gotten it from watching something "if you know what i mean" or you have been dowloading stuff without any sort of anti virus program. Download AVG for free protection :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation