Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, I'm in a great problem with my PAVILLION DV6000, whitch is INTEL CELERON, as download the exact Bios, it gives me the AMD,and the intel bios doesnt work,I've tried all the procedures but useless,usb disk works when performing the crisis package,with the renamed bios,it does all, beeps only at begining and when the diskette stops ,then nothing,i wait for nearly 20 min to see if something happens but NOTHING. please HELLLLLLLLLLLP..

thanks

pina52

HP Recommended
Question, the new pavilion bios has to parts in it A and B, how would you go about using that?
HP Recommended

fel kod som kommer upp efter 3 felskrivningar i bios password koden är : 50787362

HP Recommended

Solution:

For BIOS 501 Error:

You deleted the efi-partition (HP_Tools). You can get past this message by disabling HP Quicklook 2 in your BIOS.

1. Open up your BIOS (by pressing F10 while your machine is booting up)
2. Go to System Configuration / Device Configurations
3. Look for an option called "HP Quicklook" or "HP Quicklook 2"
4. Set it to "Disabled"
6. Save the changes (hit F10)
7. Restart your machine.

HP Recommended
Actually, I think this just recovered my laptop! Thanks for posting, guys!
HP Recommended

Try shorting the CMOS battery 1st; that might have saved me from buying a USB floppy drive. 😉http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/DV9858ca-won-t-boot-after-bios-update-wo...

HP Recommended
It work on hp 650 ? I buy this notebook 3 days ago and now he didn't work , i can make something
HP Recommended
i have hp pavilion dv9418ca laptop
i was trying to update my bios or u can call trying to flash it .,, bt during installation my lappy got frizzed for hours after somtym i gave up nd remove the battery nd so can turn it off .,, afrer that i wanted to try it on bt see wat happened ., it wont startup JUST BLACK SCREEN OR U CAN SAY BLANK SCREEN
i read on so many forum doesn't get proper answer anybody can help me out pls .,, if its bios failure then how to recover it or its motherboard permanently damaged .,, ???
HP Recommended
its seems to be very useful tutiriol .,,thnx
bt flopy disks are rare to find here in india somewhere i live near .,, can i used it pen drive or flash drive ??? if yes then suggest me the procedure pls .,, now m sure i can fix my lapy (DV 9418CA) .,,
HP Recommended

@KiNtesS ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.