HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-09-2010 11:14 AM
OK, after spending the last hour on the phone with tech support. Here is what we did that fixed the problem.
1) Updated the driver from HP. (I had already done this, but we did it again.)
2) Updated the BIOS from F.07 to F.17 using the download on HP's website.
After doing this, a message box popped up saying that the keyboard and pointing device errors had been resolved. After a restart, everything was working as usual again.
09-01-2010 12:40 PM
my touchpad locks too. i push the lock symbol key on the top row right next to the wireless button. that unlocks the pc. click back on user and the page or work will pop up. i dont want it to lock in the first place any sugestions?
09-19-2010 03:37 AM
Hi, I've just bought a G62 and had the same problem. After reading on here it's now all fixed.
I had to update the touchpad driver in control panel, devices, mouse and pointers etc., touchpad.
After that I had to update the Bios (I was f.07 and now am on f.17 as above. Once I'd done that the lock worked as it should.
See here for updating your bios. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
- when restarting i think its f2 to emter set up and the next screen has a few options, i believe it was the top one (called system info i think) that will show current bios version.
- You need to know your full laptop model number and operating system (32 or 64 bit). You may find these via start button, programs, accessories, system tools, system info else underneath the battery for full model number - I still had my box and it was on there. Mine is a G62-105SA and that's the number that got my bios update via the link above.
- when updating it brings up a box that does it all automatically, just make sure you follow the instructions about other programs running and power etc.
09-20-2010 01:13 PM
wow, Im glad Im not the only onewith this problem
a double tap on the red light just worked fer me
just downloaded as recommended and no probs yet in the last couple of minutes
09-25-2010 03:24 PM
Thanks to you and others who provided similar responses.
There is no button or red light on my computer. There is a little dot on the upper left of the touchpad. Whenn the cursor stops, I have noticed that the dot glows orange. But no explanation anywhere! The hp site is useless.
Here, I found the answer. What I had tried - clicking on the light. Pressing the light, even hard. Escape. Control click on light. None of that helped. What I didn't try till now - a double click on the light - seems to work like a charm. I no longer will have to restart my computer several times per session. Sounds stupid, but I just didn't think of the double click.
02-09-2011 12:43 AM
hey im using g62 and i want to lock my touchpad,there is a circle on top left corner of touchpad but i am not able to lock the touch pad by clicking on it,please tell me if there is any other way to do the same