Question

Honor Student
lio0700
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

G71-WA606UA

Ok,  the computer will start up but it goes to a light blue screen that looks like light rays, and that's all it does.  I can get into the bios to run a memory test and it passes, but when I run the hard disk self test it freezes at 1% and then won't do anything after that and the computer has to be shut down cold.  I believe that at one point it was sat in some type of liquid because I had to clean it out of the battery compartment.  I need to know what other tests I can run to find out what might be wrong with this computer or if this compter can be salvaged? Thanks

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: G71-WA606UA

Hello lio0700 :smileyhappy:

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand the computer will not start up properly. If you are looking for additional hardware tests, this document provides some effective ones: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

If you want to try additional troubleshooting steps to address the issue, please try the steps in this HP document: Computer Does not Start

This document contains steps such as resetting the notebook and more, corresponding to the exact symptoms. I believe this document will resolve the issue. If not, I would contact HP phone support for hardware assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation