Graphic subsystem with discrete memory or UMA memory on my HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC (2441 Views)
Top Student
richh18
Message 1 of 10 (2,441 Views)

Graphic subsystem with discrete memory or UMA memory on my HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC

I need to change out the fan assembly on my laptop and I can't figure out which type of memory I have so I can order the correct fan assembly.  The part number of the laptop is FY848AV.  Anybody got any ideas?

Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 2 of 10 (2,440 Views)

Re: Graphic subsystem with discrete memory or UMA memory on my HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC

Hi,

You can order parts for Hp notebook from the below link.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Try searching for the part with the serial #.

Product # FY848AV is a customised notebook, so you will have to search for parts with the serial #.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Top Student
richh18
Message 3 of 10 (2,436 Views)

Re: Graphic subsystem with discrete memory or UMA memory on my HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC

Thanks for the reply. There are two part numbers for a fan assembly the issue is I don't know which one to buy?  It depends on whether or not I have discrete or UMA memory on the graphic subsystem.  The issue is - how do I know which type of graphic subsystem do I have.  The HP site does not give any guidance on that when I put in the part number of the laptop.  I guess the only other way is to tear apart the laptop to get to what is there today and then order the part.  I'm trying to avoid that unless there is no other option.  But again - thank you for trying to help.

Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 4 of 10 (2,432 Views)

Can you please post the serial # as well.

Top Student
richh18
Message 5 of 10 (2,430 Views)

[ Edited ]

Serial # is {Removed for privacy}.  Thanks for your help.

Retired
SedonaF
Message 6 of 10 (2,424 Views)

Hi, 

I'm sorry but serial numbers are considered personal/private information and shouldn't be posted on the open forum because they can be found through a search engine.  You may share this information through private messaging. :smileyhappy:

Thank you,

SunshineF

HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 7 of 10 (2,417 Views)

Oops, I am sorry..

I tried to search with the product and serial #.

I am not able to find with the combination of this product and serial #.

I see that the system was ordered from HP shopping.

If you have the order # of the system and the Phone # you used to place the order you can get the details from HP shopping.

Top Student
richh18
Message 8 of 10 (2,414 Views)

Thanks for helping.  I will try and contact HP Shopping.

Top Student
richh18
Message 9 of 10 (2,411 Views)

Well contacting HP Shopping was a bust.  They told me that this laptop is no longer manufactured and they have no information on parts.  I spoke to someone in who knows where and they were useless even after I gave them the product number and serial number.  No parts available, no part numbers available, no nuthin!  I think we purchased it from HP in 2007 - so they stop offering any support after 4 years?  Not a good sign for future purchases that's for sure. 

Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 10 of 10 (2,406 Views)

Where are you ordering the fan assembly from and are you planning to replace it on your own.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation