Question

Honor Student
AlunJ
Message 1 of 3 (2,486 Views)

HP 550 Notebook Not Booting Up / Screen stays blank

Hi

I'm having problems with a HP 550 Notebook.  When I go to boot it up the power light comes on and the fan kicks in but the screen stays blank and it never advances from this position.

I was told that removing any media from the laptop could help.  I took out the DVD that was left in the laptop and then booted it up and everything seemed to be fine.  However after shutting the laptop down and coming back to it later the original problem has retured.  The power light is coming on and fan is kicking in but the screen is blank.

I'm completely stuck - any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Top Student
Tomahawk
Message 2 of 3 (2,449 Views)

Re: HP 550 Notebook Not Booting Up / Screen stays blank

First perform a start-up repair by restarting your computer and pressing the F2 or F12 key (its different for every computer) before the Windows logo appears (assuming you have a partition on you hard drive that has the recovery tools, most do now a days) and select start-up repair and go from there

You can also do a check disk by right-clicking on you C:drive (or you major drive) and select properties then tools and select both boxed and restart

Finally update or re-install you graphics card driver since you your start-up screen is blank.

Student
ussylink
Message 3 of 3 (1,007 Views)

Re: HP 550 Notebook Not Booting Up / Screen stays blank

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TODAY 28TH JANUARY,2013. BUT I LATER FIX IT BY REPAIRING MY SYSTEM THROUGH SYSTEM REPAIR.

THE PROBLEM ENCOUNTER BECOS I FORGOT TO REMOVE MY FLASH DRIVE B4 SWITCHING ON THE LAPTOP.

THANKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation