Question

Honor Student
DonMay
Message 1 of 6 (1,699 Views)

HP 6910p Notebook Running Extremely Slow

My Hp 6910p Notebook has become extremely slow that I cannot use it for anything anymore.

It used to be  a perfect machine until one day when it started running slow for no obvious reason.I detected that the battery was not charging again though the AC adapter was plugged in.When I removed the adapter, it resumed normal speed again.I wanted  to understand what was happening so plugged in the adapter again and found that it was running slow again.So I concluded that it was the adapter that had a problem.So I ran the machine on battery with normal speed until it went off.I later got a new charger but from then on the machine had been slow not only in windows but right from when you power it on through the POST till it loads windows.Despite different adapters, the battery still doesn't charge. 

Product  Name and Number: Hp 6910p (GC021ET#ABU)

Operating System: Windows 7

Error Message:There was no Windows error message.However I checked from the System Logs and came across a message which says that "CPU is being limited by System Firmware.

So I upgraded the Bios from version F.0A through to version F.19 but the problem still remains.What again  do I need to do?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Daniel.

E-mail:tenkorang_d@yahoo.com

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (1,697 Views)

Re: HP 6910p Notebook Running Extremely Slow

Hi, Daniel:

Did you try setting the BIOS to the default settings?

Try that, and also try a hard reset of the notebook. (instructions at the link below).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01684768&prodT...

Paul

Honor Student
DonMay
Message 3 of 6 (1,678 Views)

Yes, I did that but it didn't change anything.I even took out the entire board and did a thorough cleaning.

Do you think I should upgrade the processor?I'm currently using Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20GHz.If I need to upgrade, which processor should I choose?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 6 (1,677 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, Daniel:

I doubt that upgrading the processor will make any difference, unless your current T7500 is defective in some way.

In any event if you decide to take a chance on upgrading the processor in hope that such an action will solve your problem, you can upgrade to one of the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500 (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*  
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 (2.50 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 3 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7800 (2.60 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7700 (2.40 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Paul

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 6 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

1. Please clean the vents of your notebook with compressed air and check again event viewer / system log.

Resource:

Reducing Heat and Fan Noise by Cleaning Air Vents

2. It looks that you need to replace battery. Please test your battery with HP Battery Check.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
l137sws
Message 6 of 6 (1,303 Views)

Had the same problem a couple of months ago.

Turned out to be the AC Power adaptor.

Was not generating enough power to charge battery and CPU sat at 100% permanently.

New AC Power adapter charged battery and CPU dropped back to normal. Had a lot of laptops and have never seen that before. Took a while to work it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation