HP Advisor - PC Alerts always hangs (591 Views)
Student
PaulHMoran
Message 1 of 3 (591 Views)

HP Advisor - PC Alerts always hangs

I would be grateful if someone could give a little advice on an issue with HP advisors PC alerts.  Just recently HP advisor has started to malfunction, and when PC Alerts is opened it hangs.   If I try to close it either nothing happens or eventually, and I don't know by which mechanism, I get the "not enough quota available type warning".   I have changed the size of my virtual memory significantly, but that makes no difference, and anyway I have no other virtual memory problems at all.

I have reinstalled PC advisor, got the latest updates etc but PC Alerts hangs every single time without fail.  Thus, I'd be grateful for any advice......

Cheers

Paul

Student
Prudence
Message 2 of 3 (560 Views)

Re: HP Advisor - PC Alerts always hangs

Same problem here. I am hour glassed when PC Alerts opens. The only cure I know of  is ctrl + alt + del, task manager and end task.

It is a new p6523w home computer that has otherwise worked well so far. Love Windows 7, could this be an MS problem and not HP? Say it ain't so.  :-( 

At the same time or just after I end the task, there is a pop up reminder for Norton online back up. I haven't gotten rid of the reminder because I mean to look into that .... 

The only other issue I have so far with this pc - all the pre-loaded **&%# on my Start menu. Is there an easy way to sort out the programs I do not want and remove them? I like a clean, simple computer.  I would go through the HP tutorials - but I have a life. And I should wash my hair.

Thanks for advice.

Wouldn't Be Prudent
Ross Perot:: Now is this the way we're gonna play the game here? Are you guys gonna keep asking these assinine questions until you see some dirty pictures is that what you want? Dana Carvey, SNL
Student
boneyjose
Message 3 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: HP Advisor - PC Alerts always hangs

Dear Paul,

I am using HP Windows 7 Pavilion dv6 laptop,i got 4 important alerts from HP advisor the message is "4 impotante alerts that require your immediate attention".....One window in Right side of my PC...But i cant open or close that window.I am using my laptop continusly 5 to 8 hours.....after 2 or 3 hours  the system was shut down automatically...

Can you help me for solving this problem facing...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation