Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP pravilion Dv6108nr Laptop has been a great computer but not until i just turned it on 2 days ago. My laptop gets locked up or freezes when i try to boot it. I took out the hard drive and it seems to work fine but it tries to boot of the network adapter since i dont have anything in the drive.

i took my old ram from which i upgraded it from and put it back....... no luck, i tried doing a hard reset...... no luck,i took out the CMOS battery for (3-4 min)........ no luck....... i booted off a cd so i can run start up repair it just hangs at the starting windows in windows 7....... i tried replacing the hard drive......... no luck...... when i try to enter the boot menu it says:

Phoenix TrustedCore(tm) nb

Copyright 1985-2004 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

All Rights Reserved

Bios version F.2E

Build Time: 03/22/10/   16:28:32

CPU = Genuine Intel(R) CPU T1350 @ 1.86 GHz

512m System RAM Passed<-----------(MY ORGINAL FACTORY RAM)

2048K Cache SRAM Passed

System BIOS shadwed

Video BIOS shadowed

And it just hangs there and does nothing.

Should i Try Flashing the BIOS VIA USB OR SOMTHING?

My warrenty is Done of course so what Should i Do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK SO I TOOK IT TO A PLACE AND THEY SAID ITS GOING TO COST $400 beacuse its the motherboard so i guess i have to get a new computer..........

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please goto the following link:

​  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam​e=c02693833&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_u...  here you can recover an earlier bios and start the laptop.

​                       I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . .

HP Recommended

Thanks ill try that in the morning. where can i download the software to put it on USB...how do i use it?im going to use a dell computer to put files on to usb, is that okay?

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Just goto your laptop model's page HP Pavilion Dv6108nr for downloads-- http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3253922&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen  --and then follow these directions:       

If the HP_TOOLS volume on your HDD has been deleted,   a USB key with an HP_TOOLS volume can be used as an alternative.   The key can be created manually or by using the HP UEFI BIOS Update SoftPAQ or the new HP UEFI Support Environment SoftPAQ and selecting the Create a USB key option.    The USB key does not have to be bootable. However, this  assumes the boot block is not corrupted  in which case a repair is required.
To recover the BIOS on your notebook using the USB key:
  1. Plug the notebook into an AC adapter.
  2. Insert the USB key with HP_Tools installed into an available USB port.
  3. Press the Power button while holding the Windows key and the B key.
  4. The emergency recovery feature replaces the BIOS with the version on the USB key. The computer reboots automatically when the process is completed successfully.
  You are now able to boot into the BIOS screens or  Windows operating system per usual after recovering the BIOS.
            DOING THIS WITH ANOTHER BRAND COMPUTER WILL BE NO PROBLEM, OKAY?

I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

HP Recommended

SORRY but i cant find the software it just has win flashBIOS

HP Recommended

Hello,

This is for 64 bit Vista. I'm not sure because you haven't stated what OS, okay? http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3253... 

but you can change it once you're there.

​                       I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

HP Recommended

I AM JUST CONFUSED OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID

HP Recommended

Hello,

You were right there; all you have to do is figure out what version of the F bios you want to download and just save it to a usb. Your laptop was probably using an recent bios, so choose from the recent ones. Or did you keep it updated? It doesn't matter which bios as long as the laptop gets one that's meant for it. That's what the bios is, Ignore the word winflash and see bios. It really can't be much simpler.

Oh, hey at the top of your post you state you have Bios version F.2E

​                                      I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

HP Recommended

i only have on eoption but this

"WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors) - Microsoft Windows Based"

is this correct i see that its bios but are you sure beacause i looked at other laptop padges and i had more thant 2 option somthing like

"HP Notebook System BIOS Update"

all i have to do is extract it? and run it? im sorry but imusually smarter when i comes to fixing stuff.

HP Recommended

I JUST TRIED SOMTHING........ i tried what happened in this video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9AfXQEb2Q

i used win rar to get my .wph file and i found my usb floppy drive and i wrote a crisis recovery disk I'm not too sure what was the version on the crisis disk i downloaded it from the website that's in the description. 

with a floppy diskette and i use wind+B and it loads from the floppy or somthing and stops........blank screen and does nothing just sits there...... no beeps at all.....Leaving it on to see what happens......Blank screen SD card thing lit up it in bios recovery 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.