HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-21-2010 03:57 AM
09-21-2010 06:41 PM
Sometimes the mains adapter socket (DC socket) are damaged, this is common on HP laptops.
You can take a flashlight and look in the socket, see if you can spot any damage to the center pin.
09-26-2010 06:09 AM - edited 09-26-2010 06:09 AM
same thing happened to me
nothing wrong with the power socket battery is fully charged and got a new power cable a few weeks ago
09-26-2010 02:02 PM
Caught this suggestion on the Internet the other day, don't remember where, it was for W7, may work for other OS's as well.
see if will start charging.
09-27-2010 04:35 AM
the battery is fine on mine and the power lead is fine it's the actual computer thats narked
won't start up atall and have already removed battery removed power restarted, removed disc drive, restarted, removed ram reinserted and restarted and still nothing
10-02-2010 01:53 PM
|Battery power LED off, and Caps Lock/Num Lock off||Battery or AC Adapter||AC adapter not connected or failure|
Battery low charge or failure
|Battery power LED blinking||Battery||Insufficient charge on the battery|
|Blink: 1 - Caps Lock/Num Lock||CPU||CPU not functional|
|Blink: 2 - Caps Lock/Num Lock||BIOS||BIOS corruption failure|
|Blink: 3 - Caps Lock/Num Lock||Memory||Module error not functional|
|Blink: 4 - Caps Lock/Num Lock||Graphics||Graphics controller not functional|
|Blink: 5 - Caps Lock/Num Lock||System board||General system board failure|
|Blink: 6 - Caps Lock/Num Lock||BIOS||BIOS authentication failure|
09-17-2011 12:45 PM
figured out whats wrong with it. It overheated and melted foam onto one of the contacts on the mobo just below the processor socket to the left of the copper screw hole. **bleep** thing.