Question

Honor Student
marshamenace
Message 1 of 4 (1,831 Views)

HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Windows 7 restoration/boot/operating failures !!URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Computer purchased Dec 09 so is less than year old yet constant problems. Started couple of months ago running slowly and programmes and file managers not responding, had to use power button to shut down and used safe mode to try and troubleshoot. Eventually message would appear at startup saying that windows was not responding did i want to cancel? When i did the laptop was unusable as windows was unresponsive. Eventually system would not even boot, the recovery manager never appeared and windows would not start. I did a full system restore and the laptop seemed to be ok for a few weeks but started doing same thing a few weeks ago andi restored it for a 2nd time and it seemed ok but extremely slow to respond to commands. The laptop is now doing the same thing, programmes not responding, having to use power button to shut sown and now windows wont boot recovery manager never appears and i dont know what else to do. I dont want to restore it again as i dont see that the last 2 restorations have solved any of these issues. I would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this as i really need my laptop and internet access for uni.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 4 (1,816 Views)

Re: HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Windows 7 restoration/boot/operating failures !!URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Hi, can you provide the full model # CQ61????? and operating system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Student
SALOPIAN123
Message 3 of 4 (1,350 Views)

Re: HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Windows 7 restoration/boot/operating failures !!URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Hi, did you manage to resolve this? I am having very similar issues with a presario CQ61 (Windows 7) and would be grateful for any feedback you may have.

Thanks.

Honor Student
marshamenace
Message 4 of 4 (1,346 Views)

Hi

After numerous failed attempts to restore using the discs Harvey Norman where the laptop was purchased said it was lkely a hardware prob rather than software and that restoration would not work. They sent it back to HP and its been fine since. Hpoe this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation