Question
HP DV4 2170us Not Starting
Replies (11)

Top Student
Larsemerson
Message 11 of 12 (61 Views)

Re: HP DV4 2170us Not Starting

Still nothing, I'm starting to get the sense that the motherboard may be completely done with considering all the symptoms. Would that be correct? If so, what can I do?

Otherwise, anything else to try? At a minimum, how can I get data off the hard drive?

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 12 of 12 (49 Views)

Re: HP DV4 2170us Not Starting

Hey Larsemerson,

This document will show you how to Back up files.

HP System Recovery allows you backup your files to external media - such as to an USB storage device or recordable discs. This option is available for computers that came with Windows 7, but only if the hard drive data is not corrupted.
To access the File backup program, start and HP System Recovery (either by pressing F11 at startup or by using recovery discs) and select the File Backup Program from the recovery screen. Follow the on-screen directions to backup your files.

Sorry this has happened to you.  You could also try your local Pc place for repairs.

Thanks
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation