Re: HP DV5 1106AX won't boot, caps & num lock lights flash (363 Views)
Honor Student
HPDV51106AX
Message 1 of 4 (807 Views)

HP DV5 1106AX won't boot, caps & num lock lights flash

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My HP DV5 1106AX Laptop boots into Vista Home runs for some time (10 to 15 mins), then hangs with Black Screen.

After pressing the Power button for some time (forcibly powering off) it shuts down.

Again pressing the Power button shows no activity only Caps and Num lights flash continously after a  gap of 2 secs.

I reffered the support page for LED Blink codes, but my problem is LEDs blinking goes on and on..... while the support page lists for 5 blinks.

One more interesting thing... My laptop again successfully boots if i kept it idle for more than 12 or more hours and then again freezes with blank screen within 10 mins.

Tried everything like removed Battey, pressed power key for 30secs, reinstalled Memory and Hard drives...... But the problem still there.

Any ideas ???

Thanks.

Honor Student
FlippyTrippy
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)

Re: HP DV5 1106AX won't boot, caps & num lock lights flash

i have the same laptop with the same problem.....the motherboard has gone bad and you need to get it replaced.....im looking for a motherboard but one for the AMD isnt available.....have u had any luck?

Student
hemts
Message 3 of 4 (297 Views)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-80499-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

try installing a new BIOS above i hv psted i a link download it and install it and the problem is solved
Top Student
guillaume797
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)

I had almost the same probleme, laptop was in sleep, tried to wake it up:keybord and light were on but a black screen. Then decided to turn off by holding power. When i start it back i had the cap lock and num lock blinking twice continusly. I hold the power button to shut it down then by mistake touch the ''quick play'' next to the 'mute' and everything was find.

Hope this could help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation