HP Envy Touchsmart Sleekbook, Boot Device Not Found. Help! (381 Views)
Student
pstevens90
Message 1 of 3 (381 Views)

HP Envy Touchsmart Sleekbook, Boot Device Not Found. Help!

About 48 hours I ago I became the proud owner of a HP ENVY Touchsmart Sleekbook 4, running Microsoft Windows 8; about 45 hours ago I powered up my shiny new lap top computer to recieve the following message displayed on a black screen:

Boot Device Not Found

Please Install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

I have read that this is a fairly common problem with Windows 8, but I may have an extra problem on top of that; whenever I press F2 (or any of the other function keys, for that matter) to access the system diagnostics menu, nothing happens. If I hold down the key, the screen text flickers. The escape key is also useless. Is my computer seriously broken? Help me!!!!

p.s. I'm a recent convert from the Mac camp, and am not very good with computers, so if it is possible keep answers technically simple; laymans terms and what not.

Student
mrsbahr13
Message 2 of 3 (358 Views)

Re: HP Envy Touchsmart Sleekbook, Boot Device Not Found. Help!

same here! and right before I need it while traveling! brilliant! not! i am an avid mac user, have had ibooks for over 5 years and two months with this pc its already broken. sorry for the venting but just truly disappointed in the craftmanship.

going to geek squad tomorrow! good luck!
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: HP Envy Touchsmart Sleekbook, Boot Device Not Found. Help!

mrsbahr13 wrote:
same here! and right before I need it while traveling! brilliant! not! i am an avid mac user, have had ibooks for over 5 years and two months with this pc its already broken. sorry for the venting but just truly disappointed in the craftmanship.

going to geek squad tomorrow! good luck!

Hello mrsbahr13.

If the notebook is only two months old I suggest you contact HP Support rather than take it to Geek Squad.  The notebook should still be in warranty.  The number is 1-800-474-6836 if you're in the US/Canada.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Have a great weekend and a safe trip!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation