Re: HP Envy x2 Windows 8 blue screen. (1129 Views)
Student
CCasey2
Message 1 of 6 (1,401 Views)

HP Envy x2 Windows 8 blue screen.

I have a new HP Envy x2 stuck on a blue screen. The full error is "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you (100% complete)".

It has been stuck here for 24 hours. It also has the error of KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

It is running Windows 8 and I do not know how to turn it off or restart it manually. It does not respond to any keyboard enties or the Windows button.

How can I get it past this bue screen or reboot it?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (1,386 Views)

Re: HP Envy x2 Windows 8 blue screen.

Press and hold the power button. It should shut down within four seconds.  

Best regards,

erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Finders
Message 3 of 6 (1,365 Views)

See the forum entry for the Envy X2 on "Crash on Resume". Since updating the drivers for Realtek Audio and the chipset my Envy X2 has been stable and has not experienced any more lock up and Blue Screen problems.
Honor Student
germiurena
Message 4 of 6 (1,304 Views)

I am experiencing this issue too, but in my case all the driver updates were applied before. So if anybody has more info can tell us what to do?

Tutor
Finders
Message 5 of 6 (1,298 Views)

I had installed updated drivers for the Realtek audio and for the chipset. My Envy X2 was fairly stable although the wifi speed was very low and I got the occasional Blue Screen crashes. I contacted HP and they were going to collect it for repair as it seemed the wifi card was faulty.

Before this, they asked me to do a "Reset PC". This took over an hour and restored the Envy X2 to its original, setup when first bought. It also lost any files and software that I had installed. However,  after the reset the wifi speed is back up to my routers normal maximum speed.

It took another couple of hours to setup e-mail, and reinstall other software etc all over again,

I am now back to the original (older) Realtek audio and chipset drivers and the computer has been stable with no Blue Screen crashes in the last 3 days.

Feels like the Envy X2 is working as it should finally - hope it stays like ths.

Intern
chrisrach3
Message 6 of 6 (1,129 Views)

I also have the x2 and am doing a PC reset. It takes forever!

I am replacing my HP G60 laptop on which I also installed Windows 8. I had frequent blue screen problems until I reinstalled 8 from the disk instead of as an upgrade. That solved my problems.

I haven't had the blue screen on the x2, but I HAVE had some serious issues in terms of freezing/locking up and Wi-Fi issues. Whether the wipe helps, who knows?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation