Question

Student
greyskiesx
Message 1 of 2 (1,978 Views)

HP G42-243CL completely shut down without warning, will not start up.

Hi there!

I was watching a movie on my HP Notebook G42-243CL, (the laptop was on my bed), when all of a sudden the laptop completely shuts off with a little "beep". The battery was in the laptop, and it was also hooked up to the power cord. It was a little hot to the touch when I picked it up. It now refuses to turn on. I have tried to take out the battery, remove the power source, hold the power button for 30 seconds and it still will not start up. On the right side of the laptop where the power cord should be inserted, there is a little white light that turns on indicating insertion, (if anyone is familiar). Anyways, that white light does turn on when I insert the power cord.

I'm not to bright with computers and a little frustrated at this point, so any help in Layman's terms would be greatly, greatly appreciated. :smileywink:

Thanks! 

greyskiesx

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 2 (1,937 Views)

Re: HP G42-243CL completely shut down without warning, will not start up.

Sounds like it may have overheated (cloth is a bad surface for laptops) and if it's not turning on after a hard reset something may have been fried.  Is it still under warranty?

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyResults.do?admit=109447627+1286541891570+28353475

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation