Question

Student
leariel
Message 1 of 2 (162 Views)

HP G42-364LA Overheat

I have a notebook HP G42-364LA and a lot of times crash with a black screen.

I turn of the notebook and when I turning on again appears as an overheat.

What can I do to solve this issue? 

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)

HP G42-364LA Overheat

[ Edited ]

Hello leariel. I understand that you're having problems with your notebook overheating and shutting off. Is this correct?

Can you feel the notebook becoming very warm prior to the shutoff? What about the fans, can you hear them spinning?

Follow the steps in this document to reduce the debris and therefor the amount of heat that builds up inside the notebook.  This is very good preventative maintenace and I personally suggest you do this at least every few months. 

If this does not resolve the problem you may have another issue such as a malfunctioning fan.  This would need to be repaired or replaced.  In the event that the above document does not resolve your issue I suggest contacting HP directly.

You can use this site to check the status of your warranty.  From within the US/Canada call them at 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another region you'll need to check this site to find your area's contact information.

Try the document to reduce the amount of heat and let me know the result.  I hope I have been helpful; have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation