Question

Student
strike
Message 1 of 5 (5,494 Views)

HP G61 - 401 - SA Overheating, Hanging, Freezing

Hi,

I have an HP G61 401 SA Laptop that I use to web browse and word process.

For some time, the fan has been making some sort of wheezy noise, and recently it has got even louder. Now when I turn the computer on,it takes much longer to boot on. It also makes a much louder noise than normal, its like a wheezy noise. You can compare it to an old man who has to cough so much to be able to breathe properly again. Now my laptop is very hot, i can feel it on the casing. (near mouse pad on the left hand side). The laptop gets very hot even though it is always on Desk and has minimal use. When i turn computer off, I sometimes check to see heat and the table is very very hot.

Also, when I am using laptop, HP laptop automatically disconnects from router and says it cannot work. I have reinstall driver but even then, I always do restart. This is annoying to do all the time.

Computer also very slow to respond to comand, my old P4 system was faster than this. For example when i type in this message box, it takes long time for it to appear.

I have anti-virus and spyware remover. it scans every day and do it in safe mode too, it says no problem

I have also done system restore many times and fresh isntall. Same problem still.

The computer CPU always runnign at 100% but I have less programs on the Laptop then it came with. I uninstall all the trials and junk it comes with and just install a few programs. Firefox, Microsoft office package, Avast, Ccleaner and Malwarebytes. This is all I use on the computer, everything else is as same. I do not download anything apart from files which are Word files from collegues via email.

Please Help, this is no good. Also battery very poor, only last short time. Please can you help?

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 5 (5,465 Views)

Re: HP G61 - 401 - SA Overheating, Hanging, Freezing

try this first

Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

update bios

SUPPORT & DRIVERS

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat and Fan Noise by Cleaning Air Vents

Easy Ways to Fix Laptop Overheating

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 5 (5,458 Views)

Hi,

1. Which system are you using?

2. Download Process Explorer from here. Run it and check what kind of process is using your CPU so highly.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
erumuse_f
Message 4 of 5 (4,403 Views)

Please my laptop HPG61 is slow what do I do

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 5 (4,260 Views)

@erumuse_f

Hi,
Check the link below:
How to speed up system boot time and performance.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation