Question

Top Student
pri04
Message 1 of 53 (25,970 Views)

HP G62-A26SA Boot Up Problem

[ Edited ]

I've recently had a problem with my G62-A26SA HP Laptop which I only just got recently. The problem is that when trying to turn on the laptop, it will turn on and the sounds of booting up and fans spinning will happen but the screen stays blank yet the LED underneath on the f12 button, the Wireless LED lights up (orange so it isn't enabled as the laptop has not turned on yet). I have done the following methods to try and repair but there has been no avail; I have performed a Hard Reset and connected an External Monitor to see if the problem was with the Graphics Card but as before, it has not changed a thing and it is still a black screen. The laptop is unable to display the BIOS Screen so I am unable to perform any checks on the Hard Drive or to see if there are any faulty or unconnected RAM modules. The cause of the malfunction happened yesterday when the laptop froze while installing updates and as it was not plugged in properly, ran out of battery. I would be grateful for any help.

Honor Student
aborne
Message 2 of 53 (25,474 Views)

Re: HP G62-A26SA Boot Up Problem

Holy crap. The same thing is happening to me. I can't figure it out. I see the screen goes blank when the hi-resolution video drivers kick in, at WIndows 7's login screen, just after the "welcome to windows 7 startup" sound.

This is really making me depressed and regretting I purchased a HP laptop. I've NEVER had problems with my Macbook. It just works. Always.

Student
geeksquadfng
Message 3 of 53 (25,461 Views)

Take the battery out and make sure that your ac adapter is not plugged into the dc jack. Once that it done hold down the power buttong for 25 seconds and plug in your ac adapter and turn it back on.

If that does not work you will need to try it with the RTC battery out, and now that I think of it, this unit's RTC batter is blocked by the base enclosure.

Well anyways try that first thing and see it it works for you, good luck!

Student
hpwtf
Message 4 of 53 (25,398 Views)

Wow- the same thing happened to me.  I purchased a G62 from Bestbuy 2 days ago.  Except for this problem, the laptop otherwise is decent.  This problem is quite annoying and makes me sad.  Pulling the battery helps every time, but once again, this problem is very annoying.  I updated the BIOS to the current version. 

Honor Student
Toozday
Message 5 of 53 (25,341 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem, havn't found anything on HP trouble shooting website or the web that has a solution. I think that most people who have this model bought it in the last 6 months (christmas sales etc.) so I guess its gonna fall into a warranty issue. Lots of laptops incoming HP better be ready to repair or replace.

Any of you tech support guys want to chime in and let us know anything.

edit:

well if you download and install a updated bios it seems to fix the problem(crosses fingers)

Honor Student
misc_sap
Message 6 of 53 (23,106 Views)

I am also having exactly same problem. Its a crap laptop.

Student
Ppanther56
Message 7 of 53 (21,214 Views)

My HP G62 laptop is about 13 months old. A few nights ago, I turned it on. The power light is on solid, the wireless light is on solid, the caps lock light is flashing. I hear the fan come on and the disk drive click, but nothing happens on the screen. The next day, I turned it on twice and it worked just fine. That evening and the next few days, no screen when I turn it on. I tried letting it power all the way down. I also took the battery out and held down the power for 30 seconds and replaced. Any other suggestions? I had an HP dv series laptop that did the same thing right out of warranty. I am very frustrated. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you!
Student
manix091
Message 8 of 53 (21,086 Views)

WOW. I have the exact same problem. I've tried everything in the troubleshooting section. Any advice would be very helpfull.

Student
jabulania
Message 9 of 53 (18,919 Views)

my hp is sayin hard drive not found

Honor Student
dan1701a
Message 10 of 53 (15,968 Views)

Yep. Me too. Replaced hard drive, tried booting into BIOS, black screen. No workie. I'm about ready to repurpose this thing as a doorstop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation