Question
HP G62-A26SA Boot Up Problem
Replies (52)

Honor Student
jguru222
Message 21 of 53 (6,374 Views)

Re: HP G62-A26SA Boot Up Problem

so what are the part numbers /unit cost for the CPU and motherboard that goes with my laptop?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 22 of 53 (6,349 Views)

[ Edited ]

jguru222,

The following should be a list of all the parts used in that notebook based on the product number xh066ua#aba.

The PC Board and processor are listed below.

592809-001

SPS-PCA SYSTEM BOARD UMA MDM CR

616343-001SPS-IC PROC Athlon II P3

The processor, 616343-001, came to $202.02 USD without shipping and handling.  You may be able to find the part cheaper elsewhere, but do use caution when purchasing from third party sites or auction sites such as eBay.  This seller has the processor for a little cheaper and appears to have a good rating.    It does appear that DEC Trader sells the processor on Amazon as well.  I'm not suggesting to use third party sites or auctions as they are just an example, but wanted to present available options. 

The motherboard did not appear to be available to order directly from HP.  It looks like a shop sells the motherboard on eBay for $169.95 before shipping and handling.  It does look like DEC Trader and CheaperStuffs sell the motherboard on Amazon as well.  DEC Trader has it for $248 before shipping and handling and CheaperStuffs has it for $165 before shipping and handling.  It looks like DEC Trader has been on Amazon longer with more reviews, but a substantial different between their cost and CheaperStuffs cost.  It also appears this site has the motherboard for $94 plus shipping and handling. 

With the part numbers available, you should be able to search for the HP part numbers and find some sites and conduct research to determine if you want to purchase the parts from various sites versus getting it repaired locally.  If it was me, I would check the price of local shops if not already done. 

Should you need it, here is the guide for the notebook that details how to replace various components. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
craphpg62
Message 23 of 53 (6,031 Views)

I have the same problem. Black screen. Failure to boot. I have researched all the issues associated with this post and tried all the solutions. My laptop fails to boot. I have no flashing lights at all.

My laptop, in common with others on here, does the following: Pressing the on button, the fan activates. Then the optical drive activates. The F12 light goes orange. Then nothing. Absolutely nothing. There is nothing wrong with the hard disk as I have had this tested.

The solutions offered by tech support to hold the power button down for a few seconds, remove the battery, etc etc are hopeless. Please don't continue to insult our intelligence by asking us to look at flashing lights or holding down buttons from anything between 20 seconds to one minute, what a load of rubbish.

My only conclusion is that this machine is complete and utter garbage. I will never ever purchase another HP product ever asgain and I urge anyone thinking of buying a laptop to consider almost anything else aside from an HP unit. They are obviously extremely poorly made in the first place and the backup/support is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I am extremely angry at the poor quality of the product and HP's lack of recognition of it as such. I am considering investigating me legal rights on this problem as there is clearly a wide quality issue with the G62 and its related products. Looking at the huge number of posts on this forum it is clear that HP are unwilling to solve the issue or offer recompense to the people that have bought the machines in good faith.

My issues started as soon as the warranty expired. Funny that, being cynical by nature I would tend to think this is deliberate.

I regret buying this machine. It cost a lot of money and had I known these issues before purchase I would never have done so. I only bought this laptop on the fact the battery life was better than other comparatively priced units.

HP need to wise up and recognise their G62 are faulty. They need to admit they have no idea what causes the problem and need to recall the produce offering purchasers a refund. They then need to remove the G62 from sale including any more recent updated versions and stop making it.

Just admit it HP. This is a cack laptop, pure and simple. Give us our money back you useless excuse for a technology manufacturer. 

Student
kymagna
Message 24 of 53 (5,988 Views)

I have the same issue as most of these posts mines 2 years old, black screen, power on lights up and caps lock light flashing continuously. Was hoping HP could identify the problem and give us support.

Honor Student
tueone
Message 25 of 53 (5,427 Views)

Unfortunatly I'm in the exactly the same situation as everyone else on this site.

Firstly I had an issue with the pc a couple of years ago, the notebook wasn't booting up correctly and I had to contact HP just after the warranty had expired. Over the last few months the text on the screen had been going fuzzy and difficult to read, followed by crashing. I backed everything up, did a full tune up and scan and then this morning (black screen orange wireless light, no caps blinking!) 

Unfortunatly I would never buy a HP product ever again as I've never had any issues like this with any other electrical product, although everyone has posted the same problem over and over again on this forum their seems to be no solution or explanation to the problems with the pc, just an idea of where to by replacement parts.

dissapointing product and after service to match.

Student
APPATEL52
Message 26 of 53 (5,380 Views)

I have same problem with G62. If you have any solution please advise me. I am disappointed with this machine. I hope I will be
able to recover my documents and personal information.
Honor Student
bernardph
Message 27 of 53 (5,376 Views)

Honor Student
tueone
Message 28 of 53 (5,368 Views)

Since writing my last post I have ordered a new laptop, and obviously not a HP! I have been really dissapointed with the performance of this notebook from after a couple of months of buying it. I have read thousands of posts about the problems I've had with the G62 and funnly enough no acknowledgement of any types of errors, appologies or solutions from HP despite seeing well over 25'000 complaints about this product.. Unfortunatly the G62 was my main work laptop and I need to get my work off the hard drive.

I have since read a post by someone and seen there is hundreds of videos on YouTube on the issue with the G62 and it seems that it is a problem with overheating (despite using a laptop stand) which causes the soldering to melt or break up, I always used to clean out the fan? ALSO SEE...  http://augustapcrepair.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/hp-g60-laptop-another-overheat-problem/

PLEASE NOTE CHEAP COMPONENTS? If the HPG62 was a car it'd have been recalled years ago!

Honor Student
sturejo-krs
Message 29 of 53 (5,326 Views)

The most improbable solution - holding down the powerbutton for 25 sec - without battery and AC - and then powering up with AC WORKED! Thanks for the tip. I was about to throw it in the bin - :-)

Honor Student
sturejo-krs
Message 30 of 53 (5,326 Views)

It bloody well worked! Thanks for the tip!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation