Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an hp g62 laptop that when i press the power button the power light goes on and the wifi light goes orange and the dvd drive light blinks quickly but then the Laptop shuts off immediately (in like a second or two), no fan sounds no caps lock lights.

I tried holding down the power button with all power sources out, tried reseating and removing hdd and memory and wifi cards too.

This has been happening a few times recently but i was able to get it started by removing the bios battery (which partakes in taking apart the whole pc and getting at the bottom of the mobo (horrible laptop design)) for a few minutes. Now though that doesn't work either...please help!!

Model: hp g62-228ca
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
Just tried checking again, opened up the pc, no loose connections from what i can see, the power charger and plugged in lights go on and when i press the power button the dvd drive light blinks a few times (along with the wifi light going on) but still no go.

Tried a different power cable same results
Tried BIOS recovery options (windows key+B) same results

The fan is clean as well...really need to get this running for my school work, any help is appreciated
HP Recommended

Hello Buten,

I understand that your computer will not stay powered on.

Try to boot the computer with the battery removed but the power cable plugged in.

It may be a problem with your mother board.

You may have to have someone look at the system.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended
Hi Anthony,

I have tried booting with no battery (only adapter) and no go, also tried a different adapter with same results.

The motherboard was replaced about a year ago so im thinking it may not be the problem here.

The last time i managed to boot it up, i checked the event logs and they listed an unexpected shutdown at the exact time i initiated the last shutdown. I remember the PC shutting down normally as well.

Could this be a software issue with windows/BIOS?
HP Recommended
I have a hp 62-225DX THAT WONT TURN ON THE POWER CHAGER IS OKAY PLZ SOMEONE HELP
HP Recommended

HI maklamech:

Thank you for your query.  I am please to be of assistance!

I understand that your computer will not boot. When you try to power it on do you see any flashing lights or hear any beeps?  Here is a guide to "Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot"   click here.  Here is a document on Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows Vista )click here.  I hope you find this useful.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hello

My laptop refuses to boot after the start windows interface.
Please can someone assist me solve this problem?
HP Recommended
My HP G62-361TX laptop wont startup and shut down unnecessarly and when after tried again message shows thermal shut down plz help me.
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles 1,

My HP62 is about 5 years old.Bought with Windows 7, Upgraded to Windows 10 about 4weeks ago.All seemed fine. Turned laptop off one evening, next day it would not boot up. 

When turned on the power light comes on , the fan comes on , the wifi orange(red) light comes on and DVD/cd light comes on and goes off,  there's a 'brmm-brmm      - Brmm-brmm' sound (as if hard drive trying to start) then nothing. There are no LEDs illuminated any where else on the keyboard.  I've tried starting with no battery, with battery only no change. I've tried pressing esc, f2, etc during power up but no screens come up, all remains black!

Can you help please. I can't see if the original problem was resolved or not.

Thanks in anticipation,

David

HP Recommended

My hp G62 will not start up... I have the exact same issues as reported by HPOwnerDavid which were reported in January 2016.  I have tried to push the 'turn on' button with the battery only, plug only, plug without the battery... Nothing works... I did not see a resolution for this issue for HPOwner David? Is there a "do fit yourself" solution please?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.