Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I performs a factory install on my HP G71 a during the process the AC adapter was disconnected and the computer shutdown midway through the process. When I plugged the adapter back in the computer failed to power on. I've tried a hard reset and that didn't work. I even plugged in the AC adapter directly to a wall out and tried to power it on with and without the battery but that also failed. Any help would be appreciated.
HP Recommended

it would be nice to recive a proper answer from Hp on this common problem that has infested the g71 series the hard reset does not solve the problem and only proves hp supports is pretty worthless repeating the same thing over and over and saying that this is the solution when its not the sloulution aahhhhhh

how do i fix this what is the problem with the g71 what is wrong with the mother board that causes this to happen in most hps. Should i take it to rapair shop get the mother board reballed or heat gun to it somthing or just buy another mother board Helppppppp    Hp supports is worthless please dont repeate the same worthless info and then say the problem is sovled 

so how do i fix this common problem its kinda like an xbox360 does the mother get wet and just die or somthing 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Nothing comes on just the led on side where you supply power for a few seconds. Tested so far the power supply power connection internaly to the laptop. I still don't know if you need the power supply to simply turn on the laptop. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Has anyone ever found a solution to this power problem with the G71? I'm trying to fix this very problem on my mother's G71 laptop. The lack of positive answers has me concerned that it has turned into an expensive brick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.