Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sunny09,

Just let me know if it does. If it does, let me know and I will try to find another solution to your problem.

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Sir, that day i did the hard reset holding power button for 30 secs and after that it didn't happen again until i found some buzz noise coming from my left speaker at more than 50 volume and decided to reinstall audio driver.

I successfully uninstalled audio driver and clicked reboot later, then i cleaned the registry using c cleaner.. instead of restarting now i shut it down and an hour later when i turned on, this problem happened again. Usually when i try it again, it shud turn on but this time the screen stayed blank, wi-fi light on keyboard was blue and i could turn it off using f12, light changes to red and back to blue when hitting f12 again... but nothing was on screen nor it did turn off on itself automatically. I pressed power button for 3-5 secs and forced shut down.

Immediately, i did the hard reset again.. pressed power button for 60 secs this time and turned it on.. this time it worked but the way it loaded windows 8 was like it restarted instead of fresh boot. Got into the desktop and microsoft driver was installed for audio, later i reinstalled the audio driver for my laptop and surprisingly the buzz sound also went away on my left speaker.

Now, i'm curious to know whether this thing had happened because of not restarting laptop after audio driver uninstall and instead simply shutting it down and then turn back on after an hour or... did the hard reset i tried before for the first time didn't work?

Anyways, i still hope that this won't occur again in the future..

HP Recommended

Hey Mr.Kyle, it's happening again...

why is my laptop shut down on itself before booting into windows?? Is it something wrong with bios or motherboard, i'm sry i didn't expect it to happen again, so i missed to see if hp logo appeared.

PS:  I used a program called auslogics boostspeed and it showed some advices or tweaks to put into effect for performance boost. I have enabled it's two options named - enable boot defrag and speedup windows shutdown.

You told me other options to try if it happened again, tell me what i can do...? It's not normal for a laptop to shutdown on itself before bootup windows. I have no virus in my laptop

HP Recommended

Hi Mr.Kyle, i have found out that windows 8 doesn't shut down completely.. it has a new feature called hybrid boot, so it saves kernel info in hiberfil.sys file before it shuts down. When it boots again, it loads back all processes and services real quick and the state at which it shut down. that's why it secs very less time to get to the desktop.

Where as restart does a complete shutdown and reboot often called cold boot which is similar to the classic shutdown or restart. I have been doing shutdown since many times, and i don't usually restart much thinking it takes more time to reboot than the new fast boot. It's like only 5% of the time i have used it. I did indeed restart my laptop which leads to cold boot.. especially after driver installation and stuff during first few days of purchase to install drivers. Later on it was very rare that i restarted my laptop. For an instance, i can understand this because last week i uninstalled my audio driver but then i shutdown instead of restart. So, when i turned on after an hour it couldn't boot into OS, first this auto-shutdown thing happened and then.. weird that no display was seen and the laptop was still running after second time powered on immediately. I had to do force shutdown( power button held for 5 secs) and then hard reset (held for 60 secs), then it worked and this time it was a cold boot( longer time looked like restart).

From what i have seen, i couldn't figure out actually the exact problem happened to me but some say that windows 8 hybrid boot had caused problems like auto-restart at login screen, hangs or freeze while rebooting or shutting down the system.Well, i'm waiting for ur reply if u have found any other solution to this... and btw i have disabled hybrid boot right now. But i feel like using it for the sake of it being windows 8, i have thought of doing a complete shutdown once everyday by using the command line build into a desktop icon, while having hybrid boot turned on.

For now, i'll test it with hybrid boot turned off for a few days until i see this problem happen again.

HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem-it is shutting down before loading the windows. Can anyone please help me to get rid of it? (I am using a g6 windows 7 laptop)

HP Recommended

Hello Asad53,

I see that you are having start up problems with your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

asad, tell me ur product info and what happened to ur laptop through ur observation.

Well the answer to it is simple.. u should knw the difference between hybrid boot and standard boot.

Shutdown ur pc completely atleast once in 2 days to make sure that startup problems don't occur frequently.

HP Recommended

hi sunny,

Thanks for reply.

PC config:  HP pavilion g6, intel core i5, 4gb DDR3 ram.

Observed Problem: sometime it shouts down before loading windows, and continues to "boot-fail" until i start it using "safe mode". Then it behaves normal.

since last few days, it is ok. But I really wants to why it is happening. Is it a OS issue or H/W issue?

what is complete shutdown? how can it solve the issue? 

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended
hi npw05001,
thanks for your reply. let me check these.
HP Recommended

Asad, what happens upon the next boot when it shuts off on its own before loading windows?

For me... when i observed this, it used to turn off automatically when nothing appears on the screen for a little more while than it should normally do. I'm not sure if HP logo appears or not but it surely happens before trying to load windows... mine's win 8 pro. After it shut down on its own... I immediately turn it on again using power button and this time it boots up fine.. But this time it's a complete cold boot from scratch unlike the hybrid shutdown feature in windows 8 which actually hibernates the computer and is the reason for achieving very fast boot times.

For me.. I created a shutdown icon which works like in win xp, win 7 etc, the legendary way to shutdown a computer. I did this instead of disabling the hybrid shutdown feature of windows 8 bcoz it's one of the reasons I'm using that os. So, what i do is everyday atleast once I hit that shutdown icon to perform a complete system close. Even restart in windows 8 does it, but it turns on itself back again.

If you are using windows 8 then try this it should work. In my time of usage, the first month i bought this g4 laptop.. this thing happened to me for like 4 times. I couldn't do anything at first.. bcoz when i used to wake up in the morning and turn it on, the laptop used to shutdown on itself sometimes and made my irritation. Later i recognized bcoz of hybrid shutdown.. and lots of usage on laptop, sometimes the OS itself does this for reloading all services and stuff again.. because it couldn't boot into windows after a hybrid shutdown.

If you are not using windows 8.. and that this thing happens to u all the time unlike me which went good after the next try... may be u should scan ur system for viruses. Also there is something called hard reset that can be performed the next time u see it happen.

Do this after it shuts down on its own.

1) Remove all connections and peripheral devices to the laptop

2) Remove ac adapter and battery

3) Press and hold power button for 1 minute

4) Put the battery back in

5) Turn on the laptop without connecting the ac adapter

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.