Question

Student
GreekGoddess123
Message 1 of 11 (26,087 Views)

HP Mini 210-1170CA keyboard not working

Dear Sir or Madam,

I don't know what I have done, but the "Filter Key" option has appeared in the tray and now my keyboard won't work.  It lets me log on if I remove the battery and reboot the laptop, but after that the keys don't respond.

Please help!!

Kind regards,

GG

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 2 of 11 (26,062 Views)

Re: HP Mini 210-1170CA keyboard not working

Filter Keys ignores keyboard input unless the key is held down for a significant period of time, and is triggered when you hold down a key, such as shift, for 8 seconds.

Try holding down both SHIFT keys at the same time for several seconds.  If that doesn't help, please post back with what Operating System you are using.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 11 (26,055 Views)

Here are steps... To turn off Filter Keys in Windows 7 Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Ease of Access heading -> Change how your keyboard works. Uncheck the box next to “Turn on Filter Keys” and Click the OK button.

Screenshot of Filter Keys in the Ease of Access center

To Disable Filter Keys from the Windows 7 Control Panel  Click Start → Control Panel → Ease of Access → Change how your keyboard works->Set up Filter Keys link.Under Keyboard shortcut, remove the check mark from the box next to “Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds” Click the OK button.

Screenshot of the setup screen for Filter Keys in Windows 7's Control Panel

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
nemani
Message 4 of 11 (25,745 Views)

Keypad not working in HP mini 110 notebook

Hi,

Somehow my keys locked on my HP mini 110 notebook or not working. None of the keys works.Can someone help. Iam using WInxp with service pack 3. Even if i tries to open control panel or IE it flickers.

Comptronic wrote:

Filter Keys ignores keyboard input unless the key is held down for a significant period of time, and is triggered when you hold down a key, such as shift, for 8 seconds.

Try holding down both SHIFT keys at the same time for several seconds.  If that doesn't help, please post back with what Operating System you are using.

Comptronic wrote:

Honor Student
fatmanscoop1980
Message 5 of 11 (25,549 Views)

Re: Keypad not working in HP mini 110 notebook

Hi, I'm new here. I was searching for help with my brother's HP Mini 210 and found this thread. I tried the previously posted solutions but those didn't work. Here's why.

He has a HP Mini 210 with Windows 7 Starter. When it starts up, it goes to the "HP" mode. There, the keyboard works fine. But, when I try to load up windows, nothing on the keyboard works. Only the Backspace, Space, Shift, Delete, and directional arrows.

So when it starts up, it goes to the login screen. The mouse works fine so I click in the "Password" field but nothing comes out when I type. Only the "Backspace" and "Space" work, so it looks like it types in there, but that does no good because that's not the password.

I thought maybe the physical keyboard itself was failing. On the login screen, I clicked the "Ease of Access" and brought up the onscreen keyboard. Strangely, the same keys that responded on my keyboard responded on the onscreen keyboard. So now I know it's not the physical keyboard (that and because it works on HP mode).

Help me please!

Honor Student
fatmanscoop1980
Message 6 of 11 (25,504 Views)

[ Edited ]

Bump!

ALSO: In the previous post, when I said "HP mode", I meant "QuickWeb" mode. The keyboard works fine there, but when I boot up to Windows 7 Starter, it no longer works.

Student
verrascina
Message 7 of 11 (24,708 Views)

i have same problem. In reality I have seen that key pressed are sequences like ^C ^D ^M ^E and not C, D, M E as expected.

I have changed keyboard from Hp but problem still exists. If I press CTRL-ALT CANC and Cancel then all keys work until next reboot.

I have 7 starter edition.

Honor Student
perfect1998
Message 8 of 11 (9,801 Views)

I have a hp mini 110 and my cousin spilled water on it. Now my keyboard hasnt been working at all. What should i do?
Student
ManojMaster
Message 9 of 11 (2,520 Views)

Dear,

HP Customer Care Takers

I used  my laptop  yesterday after  two  months, but its  keyboard  is not  working, I've  problem  to use my it . How could it work properly , please  help  me.

Thanks ,

ManojMaster

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 10 of 11 (2,416 Views)

Hi ManojMaster, welcome to the HP Forums. This is a peer to peer community, and you may not always get HP people responding to your questions. If you are looking to speak to HP directly please use this link for technical support contact information:
Hewlett Packard Technical Support:
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Assuming you have the exact same computer as listed in the subject line, this document has all of the basic troubleshooting documents included. If your specific symptoms are listed, follow the steps included in that document.

Touchpad, Keyboard or Mouse [ Mini 210-1170CA]
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=91496&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...

If you have a different product, please provide your exact model number, and explain your specific symptoms as it relates to your keyboard not working. This document will help you find your model number if you have a notebook.
<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation