Question

Honor Student
tk2311
Message 1 of 7 (6,447 Views)

HP Mini 210-2100 with a BIOS Application Error (501)

Product name:  HP Mini 210-2100

Product number:  XY938UA#ABA

Operating System:  Windows 7 Starter

Error message:  The HP BIOS application selected is corrupt or missing.  Please install the application and try again.

BIOS Application Error (510)

NO CHANGES MADE TO MY SYSTEM BEFORE THE ISSUE OCCURRED!!! 

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 7 (6,439 Views)

Re: HP Mini 210-2100 with a BIOS Application Error (501)

Hi

Please try these steps might help you to resolve your issue.

Once unit is powered on keep tapping the F10 key 

Reloading the default settings Complete the following steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings:

1. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.
  2. Select Load Setup Defaults .
  3. Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).
  4. Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.
    If this does not work if you are comfortable reseating the CMOS/RTC battery you can try this step.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
tk2311
Message 3 of 7 (6,438 Views)

Thank you for your help but I tried that and it did not work now it keeps saying No bootable device-insert boot disk and press any key.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 7 (6,433 Views)

Hi

Please boot the unit to Bios go to Diagnostic and run the Hard drive and check if the test passes. If Hard drive is not getting detected please reseat the Hard drive and check in Bios in case you have the same issue then you need to replace the Hard drive.

If Hard drive is detected and test passes you need to reinstall OS keep tapping F11 button once unit is powered on then run a Recovery before this kindly back up your data as it will be lost. Incase unit does not load to F11 screen then please contact HP Technical support and order for Recovery disc or click on the weblink given below to order the disc online.

Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Student
J-M-K
Message 5 of 7 (5,472 Views)

Hi I've been having problems with my hp mini 210-2100.  Since I have purchased this over a year ago I have been having problems with the unit just freezing and no matter how many times I restore it to previous state it seems to be crashing anyways. Within the first three months since I purchased it I got an HP support assistant walk me thru on a clean wipe and it was okay for a few months. Then the unit kept on crashing so I brought it back to the store I purchased it from and like I suspected the hard drive crashed and they said my hp mini got sent to HP. 

After it came back, the hard drive was replaced and everything was factory fresh and of course the MS has automatic updates and did whatever necessary, this computer crashes again.

I brought it back to the store a few weeks after that fresh install they find no fault with it.

I only use this computer for my school stuff as I have a desktop and a tablet for internet use and whatnot. The service person seemed to think I am expecting a faster computer when all I want is a decent working computer. I don't use facebook on this and most of the sites I go to are youtube barney and friends and mother goose stuff for my little kids if I ever go online. I think there might be some problem with the memory or hard drive or it may just be windows 7 cuz when I use the safe mode it doesnt freeze. Of course I can't work on my school stuff edit pictures and stuff with safe mode.

Should I tell the tech support person at the store where I purchased this unit to check on the bios whether it needs to be updated/upgraded or something? I don't want to be diagnosing this computer as I'm the end user and don't want to get it worse, I just want to have a fullly functioning computer.

I have an old compaq/hp laptop that came with windows xp and its approx 12 yrs old, it doesnt have these crashing problems. I just want this hp mini to work normally.

Oh and when the WIndows starts it just doesnt finish loading into the GUI environment sometimes the arrow doesnt even get to show.

Help. Any suggestions or professional opinion will help.

Student
rinkusaini37
Message 6 of 7 (5,053 Views)

bootmgr mancante  acuesta e problema capo

Student
amir_alkon
Message 7 of 7 (1,357 Views)

hellp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation