Question

Honor Student
uflinks
Message 1 of 8 (8,657 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6 does not start up!

Hi.

My HP Pavilion notebook fails to start up. Please help.

1. Product Name and Number
     • HP Pavilion DV6-1055ee

p/n: NJ414EA#ABV

2. Operating System installed
     •  Windows Vista 32-bit

3. Error message
     • Windows cannot start up normally (or something like that)

The boot screen with the green bar things goinf from side to side show up....

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
     • Yes, the last thing I did was install some Windows updates. There were only about 4, most of them about the NET Framework...

After it tells me that it cannot start normally, the Startup Repair runs but fails too and gives the error message:

"Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically."

Problem Event Name:   StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature 03: 6
Problem Signature 04: 393222
Problem Signature 05: BadDriver
Problem Signature 06: BadDriver
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 1
Problem Signature 09: SystemRestore
Problem Signature 10: 0
OS Version:           6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:            1033

I tried the "Hard Reset" as follows.  Shut down the notebook, remove the AC Adapter, battery & accesories.  Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start.

It did turn on but did not start up.

Would really appreciate some help guys.

Student
I_AM_M07S
Message 2 of 8 (8,588 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6 does not start up!

Me too I can not boot up at all even after trying an external monitor nothing shows at all people of hp please help... I also in another thread that people tried turning on with esc + power button at the same time but no success for me I'm very unsure if my laptop will ever recover ...(dv6-2109ax)
Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 3 of 8 (8,575 Views)

Hello,

Sometimes the Hard Reset will not apply if the Power Button is not held for up-to and exceeding 45-60 seconds. This is not much time out of one's life for a rapid fix.

'I am a  :smileyhappy:  volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . .

Honor Student
uflinks
Message 4 of 8 (8,551 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply mate.

Tried it again, this time for almost 1 1/2 minutes, but still doesn't work.

Would really appreciate any other help & advice.

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 5 of 8 (8,527 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

One more shot; have you tried holding down all of the arrow keys while also attempting to start the laptop? This will force the last good bios active. Make sure that you attempt this without the battery installed but of course plugged in.

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

Honor Student
uflinks
Message 6 of 8 (8,485 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks but it did not work.

I successfully did complete recovery of Vista from windows recovery partition.

But now each time I start my computer it seems to be running some sort of configuration, it goes through a boot loop and after the configuration it restarts, then configures, then restarst, and when on the 3rd time the OS loads completely and the desktop appears, the System Preparation Tool window is there.

Tried all options on it (except generalize) but this still happens.

Elsewhere I've seen solutions to it involving stopping WMP Network Service but it did not work in my case.

I think the registry entry below might have something to do with it, but I don't really understand it so I left it alone.

Untitled.png

Would appreciate any help & advice to resolve this.

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 7 of 8 (8,467 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, and good morning over through here!

This is very good news! . . . Did you make or have a repair disk? If not, you can order them. Also, it may take 2 or more hours for the images you posted to clear security, so. . . . I would like you to goto the following link and download, scan and install SpeedFan; once done, please run it, open the SMART Tab, drop down to and click your highlighted hard drive and then click run an Indepth online analysis of the hard drive; SpeedFan is very clear and efficient w explanations. Please post back w results. I would like you to do this before doing the following hd scans okay? 

http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/3000-2094_4-10067444.html?tag=mncol;1  

After posting a clean bill of health from SpeedFan, the OS Reg can be fixed by doing the following scans:

Please goto the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.

sfc /scannow ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )

Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter, then click the Start Menu again, click Computer, left click Local Disc C once to highlight it, right click Local Disc C and select Properties, click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'.  In the following window make sure both boxes are checked and then click Start.  The computer will ask to schedule the check at the next system restart?  Click 'Yes." and then restart the notebook

This process can take several hours to complete and cannot be interfered with whatsoever, okay? Once completed the laptop will restart itself.

Also, I have found a very interesting video by Britec09 concerning your laptop's boot issues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMwfWP2ahyw&feature=player_embedded

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

Student
uzairahmed
Message 8 of 8 (8,245 Views)

after adjusting power options , and by reducing from 10% to 0% the battery options , my laptop hp dv6pavilion i7 is not starting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation