Question

Student
L33T
Message 1 of 6 (2,793 Views)

HP Pavilion Dv6000 Won't Boot

I was wondering I have a problem with my HP Pavilion Dv6000 it won't boot for me,this is the problem. When I try to boot all I see is a black screen, if I plugin the charger the blue light turns on and the blue light by the thunder icon shows on the laptop but none of the other lights turn on. If you could help that would be great, thanks :smileyhappy:

Student
DrummDogg13
Message 2 of 6 (2,739 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Dv6000 Won't Boot

I have the same problem. I have tried everything. This happened to me before but i was able to get to the log on screen and then i was good. Not this time?

Honor Student
Bart2502
Message 3 of 6 (2,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
I'm having the same exact problem also. I called a local computer repair place and told me that the model of the dv6000 and other models were in a class action lawsuit. The bad news is that we are s.o.l because the date to file a claim has passed. You can search nvidia settlement to see the lawsuit. I called hp customer support and told me that I'm out of luck also and that i would need to pay $350. The guy I talked to was pretty nice and it isn't his fault. I don't know who's to blame, hp or nvidia? Hp placed faulty nvidia chips in their computers, however nvidia made the chips. I paid well over $700 and I expected a high quality computer and instead I got junk.
Honor Student
oooswordfishooo
Message 4 of 6 (2,293 Views)

exact same problem wont boot can hear fans etc then it shuts off and does same routine again .....help is it waste of time or can it be fixed????????????

Student
mikesjoint
Message 5 of 6 (2,095 Views)

http://www.fixya.com/support/t365202-hp_pavilion_dv6000_laptop_wont_boot_up

i am having this same issue,,,,   and found this,,  please proceed at your own risk, i plan on looking for youtube videos to watch,, and then i gonna go for it, at this point, junk is junk, if it works,, then i will be a happy camper..nvidia,,,,,shame on you..

Happy Fixxin

Honor Student
ced479
Message 6 of 6 (2,082 Views)

Same problm with my dv9000. Second time. Still looking for a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation